header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Blogs > Enticer off season projects
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
December 2020's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "TuGHiLLBoYs" Convincor Shot! 0 0%
I vote for "Coop's" Starflite! 1 11%
I vote for "jjg's" Pulsare 2400! 2 22%
I vote for "MsportRJ's" Pulsare 2100! 3 33%
I vote for "Jupiter Pulsare's" 2800 with twin OB's! 3 33%
Voters: 9 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

the winter projects with pictures etc
Rate this Entry

day 1 part 4

Posted 10-10-2007 at 11:58 PM by teamhart2

everything down there was pretty soft, so I started to dig in, punky to the touch, around that box in the back, so I peeled and pulled and got some solid peices out but not many

THE PILE OF WET STUFF I WAS LEFT WITH AFTER PULLIN TILL I FOUND SOME STUFF THAT DIDNT COME APART WITH MY FINGERS (gonna need the saw from here on out I think)

where Im at till now, about what I expected, the foam is soaked, stick ur finger in and it squishes

pretty excited that the main stringer at the back appears to be at least solid enough that I am hoping to get it out in one piece for template purposes. Glad I decided to do this this year, might pick up some speed/holeshot without all this wet foam i think. More ideas and questions to come, prolly wont get much significant work done in a few days, but Ill def have some brainstorming.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17307 Comments 2
« Day1 Part 3     Main
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    how's the transom?
  2. Old Comment
    Not entirely sure yet, looking quick I was glad to see silicone all over the bolts that I could see coming through it, def more solid that the floor, gonna drill some test holes and prolly pull some of the engine bolts /eye bolts to get a better idea coming up here after i finish stripping the floor, Although Im still worried about that through transom splashwell drain that looks like it might be leakin water into the transom(pics soon).

Hoping its ok though, as you can see the rot in the back was pretty good, but I cut and drilled a little more yesterday and it doesnt extend very far forward, So I dont think its been goin on that long, top of the foam was dry about a foot or two in front of what you can see torn up here and dry all the way though up between the seat pedestals