header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Blogs > 10% Ethanol Concerns & Winterization
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
December 2020's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "TuGHiLLBoYs" Convincor Shot! 0 0%
I vote for "Coop's" Starflite! 1 11%
I vote for "jjg's" Pulsare 2400! 2 22%
I vote for "MsportRJ's" Pulsare 2100! 3 33%
I vote for "Jupiter Pulsare's" 2800 with twin OB's! 3 33%
Voters: 9 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

I just bought my 2000 Checkmate Persuader and I was really concerned about the 10% ethanol fuel in my area. I called Mercury direct and I also spoke to all of the major marina's that have mercury certified technicians and all gave me the same advice - FILL YOUR TANK FULL BEFORE WINTERIZATION USE A FUEL STABILIZER... AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. In my boat (as with most) it's impossible to get ALL of the fuel out - not to mention dry tanks and sumps are not very good for the engine and components.

I am crossing my fingers for Spring start up and hoping I don't have the problems with phase seperation and gelled fuel in the tank. Mercury seems to think I'll be fine as does some of the largest boat maintenance shops/marinas in my area - but I still worry. So here I sit with 50+ gallons of 93 octane Amoco fuel in my boat with the best fuel stabilizer I could find and a professional winterization complete - still crossing my fingers and hoping for a happy Spring.
Rate this Entry

Looking for Storage Tray 2000 Checkmate

Posted 11-28-2007 at 05:31 PM by safetynut

Hey, I'm looking for the original storage tray that was under the center section of the rear bench seat? Anyone know where I could buy a replacement? I want the factory original part if at all possible? Any help?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8600 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments