Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 307

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 361

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 307

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 361
Checkmate Community Boating Forums - Best Entries
header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Blogs
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
2017's Boat of the Year Vote!
January 2017!
February 2017!
March 2017!
April 2017!
May 2017!
June 2017!
July 2017!
August 2017!
September 2017!
October 2017!
November 2017!
December 2017!
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Part 1: Lost the Enforcer but gained a trailer

Posted 01-13-2008 at 12:36 AM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 11-15-2008 at 04:13 PM by Old Hickory

My journey began with a trip to Houston to buy a 1983 Enforcer. I won't go into the details here but It can be found in my thread "Sad Checkmate Story" in Play to Win. The bottom line is I went to look at this boat.....

It appeared to be just what I was looking for. I knew it would need to...
Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 8: Building the transom

Posted 06-04-2008 at 01:34 AM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 06-05-2008 at 03:06 AM by Old Hickory

Finally getting around to building the first structural parts to my Enforcer. Once the transom was out it was on to making a pattern from the old one; cutting and glueing it all up.

First decision I had to make was to determine what materials I was going to use. I initially was going to build the transom out of Douglas fir due to it's strength and cost effectiveness; but was eventually swayed by several members, one in particular, to give Coosa board a try. The one draw back was cost....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PL Premium Tech Data.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	2   Click image for larger version

Name:	TECHNIAL BULLETIN PL 1.jpg
Views:	1145
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	3   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mediawebserver.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	4  
Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.

Part 9: Transom clamps and gluing/ bedding the transom

Posted 11-12-2008 at 07:00 PM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 12-15-2009 at 07:24 PM by Old Hickory (found lost pics)

As fate would have it I have lost all of the pics I took during the glueing and bedding of my new transom. So the following will be a discussion of the process. If I recover the files I will post pics.

But, before I get into that discussion I am going to repost here, The plans and and materials list for my Giant Jorgensen transom clamps.

Quote:
Well I finally got around to it....here are the plans; instructions and parts list for assembling your own GIANT Jorgensen type transom
Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 10: Stearn rebuild.....My enforcers butt lift!

Posted 11-14-2008 at 06:35 PM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 11-15-2008 at 02:11 AM by Old Hickory

Finally got around to rebuilding the stearn of the Enforcer. As you can see later she'll begin to shape up and look very similar to a inboard Convincor. First step was to clean up the splashwell cutout. I cut up to the bottom line of my original level line(I left about a inch below the line just in case). I then sanded the edge and the surface down to the gel. These pics show what she looked like after I was finished. See my "Loosin the caboose" post for before pics.

Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Control cable replacement tip

Posted 09-07-2009 at 05:54 PM by mkhammer (ECU Electrical problems solved)

It can be a tough job in some boats to replace a control cable. especially if it follows the same route as other wires, cables ect.
I use a method in my shop that really works.
First I get both ends of the cable loose ready to pull out. Then I tape a 1/8" poly pull rope to the opposite end I am pulling.
Then I pull the cable out pull rope following. Once the cable is pulled out I cut the rope off and tape it to the end of the new cable. Tape about 6" of rope solid...
Admiral
Posted in Uncategorized