Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 307

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 361

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 307

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, array given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 361
Checkmate Community Boating Forums - Best Entries
header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Blogs
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
July 2018's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "Horseplay's" Convincor 300! 2 12%
I vote for "Will's" 260! 1 6%
I vote for "Redboat's" Senator! 4 24%
I vote for "ChuckB's" 2400 BRX! 1 6%
I vote for "JupiterPulsare's" Starflite! 4 24%
I vote for "jjg's" 2400 Pulsare! 5 29%
Voters: 17 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Part 1: Lost the Enforcer but gained a trailer

Posted 01-12-2008 at 11:36 PM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 11-15-2008 at 03:13 PM by Old Hickory

My journey began with a trip to Houston to buy a 1983 Enforcer. I won't go into the details here but It can be found in my thread "Sad Checkmate Story" in Play to Win. The bottom line is I went to look at this boat.....

It appeared to be just what I was looking for. I knew it would need to...
Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 8: Building the transom

Posted 06-04-2008 at 12:34 AM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 06-05-2008 at 02:06 AM by Old Hickory

Finally getting around to building the first structural parts to my Enforcer. Once the transom was out it was on to making a pattern from the old one; cutting and glueing it all up.

First decision I had to make was to determine what materials I was going to use. I initially was going to build the transom out of Douglas fir due to it's strength and cost effectiveness; but was eventually swayed by several members, one in particular, to give Coosa board a try. The one draw back was cost....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PL Premium Tech Data.jpg
Views:	2019
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	2   Click image for larger version

Name:	TECHNIAL BULLETIN PL 1.jpg
Views:	1582
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	3   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mediawebserver.jpg
Views:	1528
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	4  
Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.

Part 9: Transom clamps and gluing/ bedding the transom

Posted 11-12-2008 at 06:00 PM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 12-15-2009 at 06:24 PM by Old Hickory (found lost pics)

As fate would have it I have lost all of the pics I took during the glueing and bedding of my new transom. So the following will be a discussion of the process. If I recover the files I will post pics.

But, before I get into that discussion I am going to repost here, The plans and and materials list for my Giant Jorgensen transom clamps.

Quote:
Well I finally got around to it....here are the plans; instructions and parts list for assembling your own GIANT Jorgensen type transom
Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 10: Stearn rebuild.....My enforcers butt lift!

Posted 11-14-2008 at 05:35 PM by Old Hickory (Old Hickory's 1983 Checkmate Enforcer Restoration)
Updated 11-15-2008 at 01:11 AM by Old Hickory

Finally got around to rebuilding the stearn of the Enforcer. As you can see later she'll begin to shape up and look very similar to a inboard Convincor. First step was to clean up the splashwell cutout. I cut up to the bottom line of my original level line(I left about a inch below the line just in case). I then sanded the edge and the surface down to the gel. These pics show what she looked like after I was finished. See my "Loosin the caboose" post for before pics.

Enforcer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Control cable replacement tip

Posted 09-07-2009 at 04:54 PM by mkhammer (ECU Electrical problems solved)

It can be a tough job in some boats to replace a control cable. especially if it follows the same route as other wires, cables ect.
I use a method in my shop that really works.
First I get both ends of the cable loose ready to pull out. Then I tape a 1/8" poly pull rope to the opposite end I am pulling.
Then I pull the cable out pull rope following. Once the cable is pulled out I cut the rope off and tape it to the end of the new cable. Tape about 6" of rope solid...
Admiral
Posted in Uncategorized