• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My trip to Checkmate.

cooperider

Went out to Checkmate today to get you guys some new pictures. Lots of things to take pictures of, and even a preview of some things to come.

Checkmatefactory 001a.jpg
This is what they were working on to replace the 2100. But they have decided to keep the 2100 and have set this one aside for the moment.

Click on the picture to make it bigger.

Here is another view of it.

Checkmatefactory 002a.jpg

It had some potential, maybe someday they will get back to it.

Awwww, aren't those itti bitti pictures cute? Click on them and make them bigger.

And finally, the part I really wanted to see. This is the new plug for a deck for the 2100 open bow. They still have the mold to build for it. Cool huh?

Checkmatefactory 007a.jpg

Checkmatefactory 008a.jpg

thanks Coop good stuff. its great to have a factory insider on the team. I would love to go there someday and see all all that stuff in person

Looks like the folks are staying busy, great stuff going on in there. Still don't know how those wonderful women lay glass all day lone and not itch like crazy. I must be doing something wrong.

That mystery boat is interesting. It has a downward slope on the bow like a Pulsare, but looks like an I/O......or an outboard with absolutely no transom dip??? That would make some people around here happy!

It's great to see that the 2100 is not dead. It's been a great boat for Checkmate sales and I feel it's become a legend for the outboard enthusiast looking for something bigger than the typical 18' rockets out there. It may not be the fastest or lightest 21 footer, but it will handle snotty water, give a great ride while feeling safe at speed, handle any outboard motor ever made, and has a look and identity that is unmistakenly "Checkmate"!! There's something about that long sloping bow/aft cockpit configuration that just screams "fast"!!!!!

Just needs a wider pad to make me happy!

10-12" pad on the 21' boat and I'D be happy!:lol:

SHHHH....

That Mystery Boat L@@KS like a 2400BR I/O...:devil:

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!!:eyecrazy:

Guess we WAIT and SEE...;) Jim.

175checkmate said:
Looks like the folks are staying busy, great stuff going on in there. Still don't know how those wonderful women lay glass all day lone and not itch like crazy. I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah i'll tell ya what your are doing wrong.... you are doing it yourself lol dosen't make me itch at all i guess its genetics.

Janet and Julie

cooperider said:
Two of my favorite laminators. I get hugs almost everytime I see them.

View attachment 17
I had to bump this picture up for Janet and Julie. They are the two ladies in the picture, welcome to the board Janet, if Julie isn't on here yet get her to sign up.

There are lots of members on here that would benefit from your knowledge about these boats. Many of them are tackling repairs like replacing floors and transoms, and are doing so with no fiberglass experience at all.

I'll see you the next time I am out there.

Coop

The mystery boat is based off the 24 Pulsare, was told it will be available either in I/O or twin egg beater configuration. By the way, does anyone know if it is available for production?

cooperider said:
Went out to Checkmate today to get you guys some new pictures. Lots of things to take pictures of, and even a preview of some things to come.

View attachment 9
This is what they were working on to replace the 2100. But they have decided to keep the 2100 and have set this one aside for the moment.

Click on the picture to make it bigger.

Why would Checkmate stop producing one of the most successful boats they've every built???? If anything they should fine tune the boat and make it better without having to come up with a new design or change the appearance. A faster bottom (small step, change the pad to a delta pad and make it wider at the stern, sharpen the strake edges) maybe add the coolers in the rear like the starflites had, better bucket seats, switch to materials that don't rot for stringers/bulkheads/etc. there is lots that can be done to the Pulsare to keep the "cult" alive!! Long live the Pulsare!!!!

Back