• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Factory Shots of Convincor 2800 OBX (Discussion Thread)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Gang,

Kip Combs was kind enough to send over some pics of a new model in the Checkmate stable. Introducing the Checkmate Convincor 2800 OBX! And this thing is HOT! This has to be the one of the nicest, if not the nicest Checkmate I've ever seen.

The Convincor 2800 OBX hull is based off the Convincor 3000 I/O hull, but instead of I/O power the 2800 is equipped with twin outboards. With the outboard set-up there is also some space savings which adds extra interior room.

The model pictured shows an optional poker-run interior set-up.

I think you'll like this one! :thumb:

Enjoy! :)

-Chris

Attachments

• 2800OBX-3.jpg
    2800OBX-3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 27
Here are some shots of it running! :thumb:

2800OBX-2.jpg

2800OBX-3.jpg

2800OBX-1.jpg

Is that the same boat we already seen from the hot boat photo shoot.

Attachments

• 2005742134267834351_rs.jpg
    2005742134267834351_rs.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2001238161683415829_rs.jpg
    2001238161683415829_rs.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2001271122328762187_rs.jpg
    2001271122328762187_rs.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 28
that would be real cool down here on the texas gulf coast

love the colors
how hard would it be to have a small sun pad with that interior
i love the 4 bolster idea

daren

Can't help but wonder how the boat would run with a couple of 350 Verados??? Would the xtra ponies make up for the xtra weight??? Would it run as fast as the twin 300xs??? Would the fuel economy be better or worse?? It would make an interesting comparison!:thumb:

Is that the same boat we already seen from the hot boat photo shoot.
We've talked about this boat before. If it made hot boat for the june issue, it's probably been out since at least april.
I think Kip should get the info out earlier for all the Checkmate gurus to give it a better critique than some mixed reviews in a west coast magazine.
Awesome boat with the 4 bolsters

We've talked about this boat before. If it made hot boat for the june issue, it's probably been out since at least april.
I think Kip should get the info out earlier for all the Checkmate gurus to give it a better critique than some mixed reviews in a west coast magazine.
Awesome boat with the 4 bolsters

Sorry Budman this thing has been floating around since February. Here is the thread.

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10817

I would get a good look at it. Your lucky if Checkmate will ever sell 2 of them. I think Checkmate is topped of with 30 footers. They just don't seem to sell much of anything from 28 footer and over. And just my thoughts I think 90% of all Checkmates sold since 05 that is 28 foot or longer is for sale now. That is New, used, and leftover boats that can't sell. I am not knocking Checkmate I would like to have a 300 Convincor but I can't seem to justify the money difference between mine and the cost of a newer 300. Or maybe I am just not wide open into boating like I used to be.

OK, I missed that one.
So why does Chris post a thread of a new Checkmate in the stable if it's been out since feb.?

Back