• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Johnson:

ndaniels

Well, I got around to rigging the 225:thumb:. I installed seastar pro hudraulic steering, along with some new faria gauges, and a new side mount control. I have a feeling I'll be going to a foot throttle and swap my detwiler "on the water" jp for a hydraulic unit sometime in the future. Anyway, here are the only pics I have right now:

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 26
I have only gotten to test it once so far, last thurs. That was cut short by a stuck float. I got it on the trailer and discovered I left a plug wire off of #4:eek:. It was also so windy there was white caps, that didn't help either. It still got on plane fine turning a worked renegade 25p prop. It'll be intresting with all 6 firing!:rof: Probably go tommorow afternoon.
Also, can't say enough good things about hydraulic steering. I used the allison cyl:

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 21
i love it! put up some numbers when you get a chance!!! should be interesting!!!

I hate to say it, but this omc is a great mota to work on. Remove 4 bolts and pull a fuel line- thats all I had to do to remove the problem carb. Its all in all a pretty sweet! Don't worry merc guys- I still like black, just not as much!:poke: Also, I had some solid motor mounts machined up from a member of scream and fly- upper and lowers from member bigobass1. If you have an omc and need them- I'd contact him. They look great, now I just need to get installed this winter! I have a few props to try out: 2- 25p renegades (one worked by dah, added cup- came with mota), a 27p renegade, a 28p rakerII, and a 29p tempest plus. That should keep me busy for a while! I may have to go to the river to test- lake is pretty low, and I'd hate to bang one of em up on a stump- I'm currently running the 25 dah, its edges arn't perfect so no biggie if it nics something.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 9
I have heard a lot of good things about the RakerII. I think out of those props you'll like that one the best.

Congrads on the overpower,Now have fun!! Love my foot throddle & hyd plate.Lima, OH is not that far from South Detroit,SanduskyBay or Bucyrus either hope to have the chance to run you next yr.

P.S. keep eye on transom and drive it like you stole it. merc245 :thumb:

Congrads on the overpower,Now have fun!! Love my foot throddle & hyd plate.Lima, OH is not that far from South Detroit,SanduskyBay or Bucyrus either hope to have the chance to run you next yr.

P.S. keep eye on transom and drive it like you stole it. merc245 :thumb:
Hey merc, you ever get to the maumee river? I've got ants in my pants to run it! Either by Defiance or the mary jane thurston section (wide water). I've been itching to get on that river- hell, I've heard its a pretty nice ride throught toledo too. Once the motor proves itself on the lake I'll get more adventurous with it. It may have to wait untill next season, though:irked:.

83predictor: Yeah, I've heard good things about the rakers also. I got a 28p RakerI off of ebay, was kinda excited, but it had been welded on and not in shape as advertised so seller took it back. I ended up getting this 28p rakerII- looks great!

Last edited:
Got some #s

Went to the lake today and ran some more. All these were with the worked renagade 25p- supposed to have a little more cup, I think it may have a little added pitch based on these #s. I started out 3.5" below the pad. Got it a little past 72 on gps with some walk- I didn't watch tach real close, but it didn't get close to 6K. Rode a while with that and then went up an inch to 2.5" below the pad. Got it to 75.1 on gps:bigthumb:. Alot easier to drive, had a little walk, not that bad. The water was really sticky today, I'm sure this didn't help either. So, 75.1 and my friend says tach never got past 6k - thats 2% slip if thats right- so, I'm guessing a little extra pitch is there. I'm looking forward to the addition of solid mounts, the rubber ones seem pretty soft! What really suprised me was how good this thing is on fuel so far- I really didn't expect that. It cruised so easy at 50mph @ 4K rpm:D. This will be great for the rivers, not so sure about the lake when its really rough. Its a kick azz feelin just loafin along like that. I know there is alot more left in it. I'm not going to get too carried away untill I have solid mounts and a foot throttle. I have a little fine tuning left, but so far so good!

Back