• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

PIC OF DUAL STEERING MERCURY INLINE

speegt

ANYONE HAVE A GOOD PIC OF THE DUAL STEERING CABL;E SETUP ON A MERCURY INLINE 150, ONE OF THE OLDER ONES THAT DONT HAVE THE BOLT HOLES IF THE ENGINE TUBE. I WAS TOLD YOU HAVE TO MODIFY THE STEERING ARM SOME TO TRYING TO SEE A GOOD PIC OF ONE SO I CAN SEE WHAT I NEED TO DO. THANKS

Good luck, beyond Aqua buff and prop sizes not much info on this site. I had a 78 V6 that dual cable steering was added to, had to drill a 1 inch hole in the clamp, I will look for some pics.

picture

thanks so much trying to get a good idea of what i need to do to make it work.looks like i might need to bend or something on the steering arm as it seems it will hit the 2nd tube. but not sure thanks again for all the help

There is a company in FL that use to make the original duel cable set-ups for the old in-lines and V6. My mid section is a 1978 with no provisions for the 2nd cable.

Attachments

• Dual cable steering.JPG
    Dual cable steering.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Dual cable steering 2.JPG
    Dual cable steering 2.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Dual cable steering 3.JPG
    Dual cable steering 3.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 52
dual

i talked to them they dont have anything now that will work .thank you for the pics its not exactly what i was thinking if trying but not sure now.

Duel cable steering tube

Speegt here is a picture of one of my Checkmates set up with the second Cable Steering Tube. I hope this helps you some. If you have any question and need help you can PM me with your Phone Number and I will Try to Help You....Sammie-Action Marine

Attachments

• 27-1.jpg
    27-1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 50
PM your email, I will send a pic of what I use. It is simple like your pic of your gold colored setup

Had a death in the family and have been away for a bit

dual steering done

i was able to make up 2 brackets and with some playing i got it to work , it works best with 2 steering links , 1 going to each cable instead of using the connector that hooks cables together , thanks to all .

The Merc system was two link arms and it was opposed cables, too bad I can't post a pic to help you with, theres a triangle bracket that mounts to the steering arm with an arm going in each direction, both are adjustable, thats how you get the slop out because the bracket that holds the second tube doesn't move.

Back