• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Boat Phase 1

You are right! I was at Checkmate today. I got to pick all of the final trim and accessories and see what they look like on the boat. I also got to watch as they lowered the deck onto the hull and attatched it. I must send out a great big thanks to Wildman, Kip, Dean, Mike, Kenny(paint guy), and everyone else who has had a hand in this boat! It is flawless! Kenny turned the paint job into a true work of art. Other workers in the plant, including Kip and Dean, said that Kenny had really pulled one out of his hat on this one. Made me feel pretty good. Just a couple of things left to do and get to pick it up tuesday. Here are a couple more pic's.

Attachments

• pic's 079.jpg
    pic's 079.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 70
  • pic's 085.jpg
    pic's 085.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 71
  • pic's 080.jpg
    pic's 080.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 74
A few more.

Attachments

• pic's 081.jpg
    pic's 081.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 59
  • pic's 084.jpg
    pic's 084.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 58
  • pic's 082.jpg
    pic's 082.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 57
You are right! I was at Checkmate today. I got to pick all of the final trim and accessories and see what they look like on the boat. I also got to watch as they lowered the deck onto the hull and attatched it. I must send out a great big thanks to Wildman, Kip, Dean, Mike, Kenny(paint guy), and everyone else who has had a hand in this boat! It is flawless! Kenny turned the paint job into a true work of art. Other workers in the plant, including Kip and Dean, said that Kenny had really pulled one out of his hat on this one. Made me feel pretty good. Just a couple of things left to do and get to pick it up tuesday. Here are a couple more pic's.

Congrats Gary.
Like the new graphics and seats. :thumb:
Is the boat on the left blue/orange/yellow :eyecrazy:

Yes, it's true, I am dad. Sounds like boatboy is inviting himself to miss a couple days work, make me drive 100 miles out of my way twice, and bump some people out of this trip that have never been before. Thanks son, but the factory is still in the same place as it was the last time you were there, so go ahead and work so I don't have to send more money!:rof:

This is my newest "sibling" so to speak and i must say, that this one by far, is the best looking one yet!! cant wait til it gets home this week, although i know theres a bottle of wax with my name on it! cant let it make its debut dirty!

I'll be there Tuesday night and test driving my new red 28 OBX on Wednesday! Probably going to dinner and drinks with doug, Kip, and Dean

Just got into a motel in Bucyrus a few minutes ago. Here is a pic of the finished boat(minus lettering) that Kip sent me today.

Attachments

• finished boat.jpg
    finished boat.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I'm betting you get no sleep tonight and are up before the sun, waiting for Kip to open the door in the morning. I would be :bigthumb:.

Yep! A tough night it was! But I am home with it now. Had to wait a little bit at Cmate. They had not put the lettering on yet. Wasn't 100% sure what would look best. Here are pic's of it the way it left the factory. They also gave me a set of smaller decals in case I get home and decide I don't like it. They were even nice enough to put horse head logo's on my wife's jeep before we left. Can't wait to get it rigged, I love this boat!

Attachments

• P5030173.jpg
    P5030173.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 112
  • P5030174.jpg
    P5030174.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P5030175.jpg
    P5030175.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 57
Back