• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

NOS Tach Needed

Blue Mist '97

The tach on my Persuader has gone out. I really don't want to change out all my gauges at this time, so I am looking for a NOS tach that will match what I have. It is an 8K tach with Black face, white and blue numbers and lines, white needle and a blue "Q" at the bottom of the face, below RPM.

The tach, I believe is a Teleflex Quicksilver Series gauge. I have searched the web and have been unable to find a tach to match. Is there any NOS out there and available that anyone knows of? Maybe a place that has some old stock laying around.

For a better look at this type gauge, the link below is an ebay ad for a speedometer that that looks like my gauges.

For reference purposes only:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Telefle..._Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item257a3e1125

Attachments

• Boat Pics Sun Dog 006.jpg
    Boat Pics Sun Dog 006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi Blue,

With one very minor difference, you can still order those exact gauges from your local Mercury dealer. The gauges you have are Quicksilver Flagship Plus black face. The are still available in your size and RPM range, but the "Q" quicksilver logo has been replaced with the "M" mercury logo, so they are known as Mercury Flagship Plus now. Other than that, they are identical.

Hope this helps you out!
Jeff

Thanks guys. Glad to hear that the gauge is still available, albeit a little different. I would really like to find an original Quicksilver series gauge, but that probably won't happen, at least not until I buy a new one (just my luck). Looked at gauges and found the 8K tach at PPT in Stillwater, OK for $59 if they have it or can get it. The difference in the two gauges probably won't be noticed by anyone but me.

Talked to the tech people at Teleflex and they said that they never made and sold the Quicksilver gauge, but they may have produced it for Mercury back then.

Am going to call in the morning and find out if they can get it (out of stock right now).

Got my new tach from PPT in Stillwater, OK., yesterday and installed it today. It was much easier than I thought it would be.

To fox88gt - Thanks for your post, Jeff. I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise. The tach is as you said, exactly like my old one except for the M instead of the Q. I seriously doubt anyone other than me will even notice it.

Hopefully, it will work. I didn't have time to crank it and check it out, but I will find out next week.

Thanks again guysl

BM

Back