• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Question for 242 owners and fans.

242 Owners and fans, which deck do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cooperider

Which version of the Convincor 242/260 do you prefer?

The one with the actual windshield?
attachment.php

Or the Sport deck with the fairing, that looks like a windshield?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 00M0M_ikjfXc9ALYG_600x450.jpg
    00M0M_ikjfXc9ALYG_600x450.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 00r0r_cbBwSZs9pwJ_600x450.jpg
    00r0r_cbBwSZs9pwJ_600x450.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 120
Fairing/sport desk looks best. Love the looks on my 253 but flip up wind deflectors should be standard equipment with them. Useless for wind.

Coop, how about using the fairing but modify the mold so you can mount a cool after market wind deflector on it. I liked the fairing on my 30' but it did nothing to keep the wind out of your face. And because of the shape and width of the fairing, it was impossible to mount a deflector.

Good luck-

A friend's 32 sunsation has really cool flip up deflectors built right into tje fairing. Above about 30 mph they automatically flip up and make a gigantic difference.

I must say I've always been a windshield kinda guy.
For some reason I've always thought the fairing look, seemed to have a strange unfinished look to it, besides, I don't really like all that wind in the face crap, I like to sit back and hear everything around me and maybe light up a cigar now and again :D

Fiberglass fairing all the way!! Makes the boat look a lot more "custom" if you will and less like the all the cookie cutter family boats out there with windshields! To each his own bit if i were buying any new 'Mate i'd order it with the fiberglass fairing for sure!

I would have to say as many others have!! The fairing looks better but a small modification to put flip up wind visors or something on it would be very helpful! Tho I would also in my mind think that an actual windshield more in the shape of the fairing and nice and low would look good as well!!

For me personally, I love the looks of the Checkmate windshields. I think it puts a touch of class on the agressive looks of the hull. Kind of like The Formula's and bigger Fountain's with windshields. Plus, like others have said, it provides better wind deflection, and Kunkel's has said they saw better speeds from boats with windshields over the fairing on the same hull.

This is a tough one! I am leaning towards the molded faring, It looks more aggressive.

A nice blacked/tinted out windshield really does it for me though too!

Question!

Is the shape of the fairing identical to the windshield?

If it is close, can you have a relief in the front of the fairing for the deflectors to fold forward and flush when not needed. When at speed the deflector could be stood up, and use the fairing to hold it in place so it doesn't fold back and down. You know, like a built in stop. That way you have both worlds at the same time.

Is that the setup that Gimme Fuel was describing?

Back