• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ran my Verado 400r

Little over 20 hrs on the 400 now & took it out yesterday early for some running with a buddy settled in at 78 mph & 6800 rpm with my 24 Bravo at 1" below, best i've been able to do on & off for the past 5 hrs that i've put on the 400, got a couple of diferent props coming my way to test & see if i can do any better, but what i like best of this Merc/Check combo is that i can run with 4 on board, gear & beer :) + 3/4 fuel on board at 70 mph & 6300 rpm.....thats a blast :thumb:

Thanks for the updates Hayabusa. You use your 2400 BRX the same way I do: mostly for hauling people and beer, but occasionally for hauling ass.

Thanks for the updates Hayabusa. You use your 2400 BRX the same way I do: mostly for hauling people and beer, but occasionally for hauling ass.

Yeah man, awesome boat, awesome fun & man can it carve out doughnuts & figure 8's with out breaking loose, almost as good as those waverunners....but alot more fun, imo. :lol: :) :thumb:

Little over 20 hrs on the 400 now & took it out yesterday early for some running with a buddy settled in at 78 mph & 6800 rpm with my 24 Bravo at 1" below, best i've been able to do on & off for the past 5 hrs that i've put on the 400, got a couple of diferent props coming my way to test & see if i can do any better, but what i like best of this Merc/Check combo is that i can run with 4 on board, gear & beer :) + 3/4 fuel on board at 70 mph & 6300 rpm.....thats a blast :thumb:

Hayabusa- I wanted to check in and see how you were feeling about your results (78mph), and if you think there is any more in it(setup, props,etc)?

I mentioned before that I am considering making same investment(I have a '14 2400 LD), however I was fully expecting you and JJG to both be well north of 80mph(I was thinking 82-83). I am currently at 74-75 mph consistently with the 300xs, so scratching my head a little now if worth the $$$. :confused:

Thoughts?

Hayabusa- I wanted to check in and see how you were feeling about your results (78mph), and if you think there is any more in it(setup, props,etc)?

I mentioned before that I am considering making same investment(I have a '14 2400 LD), however I was fully expecting you and JJG to both be well north of 80mph(I was thinking 82-83). I am currently at 74-75 mph consistently with the 300xs, so scratching my head a little now if worth the $$$. :confused:

Thoughts?

i think 80 mph in my BRX would be hard pressed with current setup, poor aerodynamics cause of my open bow & extra weight up front is working against me compared to your LD, i'm at 12" setback & feel if i could space back a couple xtra " i could run my trim a bit more neutral allowing me an extra mph, i've run as high as -1/2" with no noticeable increase in speed & i'm wating on a Blaster & a couple other props to try that may help me gain a bit at these engine heights, i do believe 82+ mph in yor LD is easily achievable based on what i have done so far with mine & the potential this motor has with the proper set up, the investment to me was & is well worth it, everything about this motor is awesome, torque, high rpm band, sporty gearcase, snapiness, mid range punch, headd turner :cool: all except it's to quiet :shakehead: :( cause i love the sound of a big 2 stroke but i know if you wind up getting a 400R you will not regret it :bigthumb:

Thanks mate! Good points. :thumb:

One more quick one... Did you "trade in" your 300xs directly through Mercury? Trade in with your dealer? Or did you keep your 300xs?

[Did you "trade in" your 300xs directly through Mercury? Trade in with your dealer? Or did you keep your 300xs?[/QUOTE]

I powered up from a Verado 300 Pro, i still have it & it's for sale on a few sites all though in not much of a hurry to sell cause i'm thinking about buying & looking at a 21' Cougar & other tunnels to start a project to mount the 300 to see if 100 mph is doable :lol: crazy right? :banana: :)

[Did you "trade in" your 300xs directly through Mercury? Trade in with your dealer? Or did you keep your 300xs?

I powered up from a Verado 300 Pro, i still have it & it's for sale on a few sites all though in not much of a hurry to sell cause i'm thinking about buying & looking at a 21' Cougar & other tunnels to start a project to mount the 300 to see if 100 mph is doable :lol: crazy right? :banana: :)[/QUOTE]

Hero!!! Thats badass!!! :cheers::cheers:

Update: took my Check out this morning for some prop testing, striped it to bare minimums & went out by my self with 3/4 fuel in the tank & this is what i got, back to back runs: my worked Bravo 22 pitched to 23.5": 76.4 mph @ 6790, my Bravo 24 pitched to 24.5": 77.8 mph @ 6800, BBlades OB/F 24 actual pitch 23.3": 78.2 mph @ 6890 & 0" with the pad, the BBlades Blaster 24" true pitch 24": 80.3 @ 7090 & 1" above the pad.

KCT11 you were right, what a blast it is driving this prop, lots of fun gets on plane fast, pegs at 6500 rpm geting on plane :bigthumb: WICKED :lol:

The Blaster holds the bow better than the rest of the props, the OB/F coming in 2nd. At 80 mph the BRX requires your full attention.

ChuckB, can you post the pic of the recall i sent you? I've got to get around to contribute so i can post some pics, thanks.

Update: took my Check out this morning for some prop testing, striped it to bare minimums & went out by my self with 3/4 fuel in the tank & this is what i got, back to back runs: my worked Bravo 22 pitched to 23.5": 76.4 mph @ 6790, my Bravo 24 pitched to 24.5": 77.8 mph @ 6800, BBlades OB/F 24 actual pitch 23.3": 78.2 mph @ 6890 & 0" with the pad, the BBlades Blaster 24" true pitch 24": 80.3 @ 7090 & 1" above the pad.

KCT11 you were right, what a blast it is driving this prop, lots of fun gets on plane fast, pegs at 6500 rpm geting on plane :bigthumb: WICKED :lol:

The Blaster holds the bow better than the rest of the props, the OB/F coming in 2nd. At 80 mph the BRX requires your full attention.

ChuckB, can you post the pic of the recall i sent you? I've got to get around to contribute so i can post some pics, thanks.

Looking real good !!! Your best slip numbers are on that OB/F @ 10%. If you can squeeze a few more R's out of it and maintain that slip percentage 81 would be possible for sure. Im seeing around 150 more R's from my Bblades version of the FS and its a little larger diameter then the OB/F but still pitched at 23.3
Im still working with X dimension heights now trying to get my slip to around 10 as well.
How is the hole shot on the blaster ? Does it want to cavitate a lot ?

Im seeing around 150 more R's from my Bblades version of the FS and its a little larger diameter then the OB/F but still pitched at 23.3

How is the hole shot on the blaster ? Does it want to cavitate a lot ?

Initial hole shot is slightly off from the OB/F, cavitates a bit on the initial opening of full throttle but once it grabs it seems to accelerate faster than the OB/F, the 400R has a hell roar coming on plane at 6500 R's, frigin awesome :D :bigthumb:

What is their version of the FS? their Bravo 1 with vent holes? I'd like to try one from them, how do i identify it?

Lower unit.

I have a question as to what lower unit are you running. Is it the new sport master or the other standard version.

Got to find a way to squeeze some extra ponies to run that 26 😂😂😂

You have plenty to spin it. 2 inches of pitch is 300 rpm and it might not cavitate as much on take off. If I had that thing I would put a 28 on it, you might be buzzing past the sweet spot of the motor.

Back