• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pirelli Flooring?

Diplomat82

Thinking about upgrading my carpet to a rubber flooring over winter. I see a lot of boats out there for sale that mention Pirelli Flooring but when I look into it all that you can find are tile pieces. I can not find a roll. Are these Pirelli floors really tile pieces?
There is another product called Lonseal that looks like the same product and you can get that in rolls. Haven't seen too many reviews on it though.
Just curious if anyone has any knowledge or thoughts.

I used the lonseal flooring in my 251 & couldn't be happier. Bought it through Amazon prime. Free two day shipping to the front door.

I used the lonseal flooring in my 251 & couldn't be happier. Bought it through Amazon prime. Free two day shipping to the front door.

What color did you buy? And if you installed it yourself, how hard was it to cut and glue down?

I went with the lighter grey metallic for heat reasons. Thought it would be cooler on bare feet. Still pretty hot though on a super sunny day. It was easy to cut & I only glued it down around the edges. The middle is floating, seat bases hold it down. I went with the diamond plate pattern.

probably pretty close. i installed mine atleast 3 years ago, anytime it looks soiled a damp rag will make it look like brand new again. We couldnt be happier! Sliding a table top grill & heavy ass yeti coolers over anything is abusive, still looks brand new.

jjg that looks awesome! Very nicely done.
I can just imagine what that would end up costing.
I was planning to go with a snap in carpet over the Lonseal flooring but now you have given me something else to think about.

Reactions: jjg
jjg that looks awesome! Very nicely done.
I can just imagine what that would end up costing.
I was planning to go with a snap in carpet over the Lonseal flooring but now you have given me something else to think about.

Thanks for the kind words! This was a great alternative and when you figure the cost and effort between the pirelli and the carpet, and then just having to deal with carpet in a boat in general, the SeaDek may be the better value. It cost $1500 which included a house call to first laser measure the areas you want covered, had the factory send the digital file of the logo, then another visit to dry fit the mylar template and make any adjustments, the final visit was the install. ScWake out of Cincy, OH did the work, and no complaints after nearly a complete season of use.

Thinking about upgrading my carpet to a rubber flooring over winter. I see a lot of boats out there for sale that mention Pirelli Flooring but when I look into it all that you can find are tile pieces. I can not find a roll. Are these Pirelli floors really tile pieces?
There is another product called Lonseal that looks like the same product and you can get that in rolls. Haven't seen too many reviews on it though.
Just curious if anyone has any knowledge or thoughts.

You need to look up "Loncoin" flooring. It's what I used in my 2800 and comes in rolls. It's not cheap so measure 28 times and cut once!!!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...N%20II&usg=AFQjCNF-A4HzyqCVh-l3FKZFpWNL4E24Cg

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showpost.php?p=621800&postcount=43

Yup, that's the same stuff...made by Lonseal.
I was looking at the light grey stuff...Moonstone.

Yours turned out real nice.
How do you like it? Was it hard to cut and install?

Yup, that's the same stuff...made by Lonseal.
I was looking at the light grey stuff...Moonstone.

Yours turned out real nice.
How do you like it? Was it hard to cut and install?

I like it a lot. It's easy to clean and was easy to cut using an exacto knife and straight edge. Installation was easy with two people. I used a hot spray glue gun. Once cut to size and lined up inside the cockpit, I folded my floor in half, sprayed both surfaces (backside of the first half of Lonseal and the first half of floor, let them sit for 10 minutes, and then folded the first sprayed half onto the sprayed section of floor. Then I flipped up the unsprayed section of Lonseal, sprayed it down along with the unsprayed section of floor, let it sit for 10 minutes and then flipped/rolled in down. We then used rollers to smooth everything out. It came out perfect. My only real advice is to measure carefully. You don't want to screw up because it's not cheap. I think I paid $375 for my section of cockpit flooring.

I have the Lonseal in my Starliner and it's been great this whole summer. The only complaint I make about it one side has a jagged cut showing...that's an install problem not a Lonseal problem. I've got the dark and haven't noticed it too hot, but I wear flip flops in my boat all the time.

that look fantastic. way better than factory

Heres an idea, I put this over the pirelli. Main reason is it did get very hot in the sun, and this stuff does feel great under foot!! Not sure how this would go over and stick to the spatter coated floor?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drdtl2sjgdbt8r8/Photo May 21, 5 54 25 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kd9m8lv8th0dzjt/Photo May 21, 5 54 48 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6upt5nhoqlx7b3/Photo May 21, 5 55 14 PM.jpg?dl=0

Reactions: jjg
that look fantastic. way better than factory

Thanks!! It turned out better than expected. And the pirelli provides a good surface for this stuff to stick to. You do see a little of the circle pattern transfer through, but its not really that noticeable. The 2 color is a minimum of 6mm thick, then jumps to 10, 13, 20 & 23mm and so does the price.
The pirelli does provide a good barrier against moisture for the wood floor, since the seadek is not one continuous piece.

Back