Thread: piston Rings
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
Jimway
Ambassador

Thanked 2,298 Times in 978 Posts
Jimway has a reputation beyond repute
Jimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 95 Playmate

I'm not knocking Fathers here at all, being one myself, but they tend to be busy when one feels the urge to fish or hunt or maybe just spend the day poking about the woods hiking, following game trails or maybe just studying crows. Adults loose that 110 percent concentration that a youngster applies to stuff that they do, that and the boundless energy that many a youngster posses. On a side note, I have been trying to syphon this energy up from the youngfolk, and bottle it up for some of the older (there's that word again) elements. Anyways, My old man happened to be my Grandfather. I don't ever remember seeing him mad. He always had a good word concerning everybody. My heart leaps up whenever someone recognizes some small beneficial side of my character and might blurt out something to the effect of "You're a lot like Grandpa in that respect" Up at the ranch, there really weren't any confines at all. Having been in the logging, building, earthmoving, farming, and occasional bank robbing business (well, just kidding about that one), the ranch was home to all kinds of fantastical remnants of equipment, some of which defied identification. Some of it was still in one piece even. My Aunt and Uncle, through some sleight of nature, had been left childless, a shame in light of the fact that they absolutely loved kids. There was a large, really tall massive barn that sat some ways from the ranch house. the barn overlooked a pasture that slowly dropped down to a meadow and then to the woods. There was a wonderful workshop attached to a lower end of the barn. There was an old but lovingly maintained stationary gas engine that powered, by way of a leather looking belt, a shaft that ran the length of the ceiling of the shop. Smaller belts that ran off of this shaft powered a lathe, drill press, buzz saw, generator, table saw, planer, band saw, and other stuff too. The lower level of the barn housed trucks,tractors, tools, barn cats, lumber, the occasional livestock, ect. The upper level had a room on the end that overlooked the pasture and meadow. You might imagine that that room became my room for that glorious summer. In the very top of the barn,at the roof, on that second level, was attached a track that extended the full length of the barn. There was a trolley that ran on this track. You could move the trolley out to either end of the barn, through big doors that opened outward, and by use of ropes and pulleys, you could hoist hay and pretty much anything else that you wanted, up to the second floor. Normally, the second floor was chock full of hay bales, winter food of a lot of the critters that wandered around the ranch would need later. One could while away their spare time swinging from the rope that hung down from the trolley and jumping into piles of hay. I might make small mention that the young ladies found some keen interest romping about in the hay, a development that did not go unnoticed.
Jimway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimway For This Useful Post:
1954bmw (12-06-2017), Gimme Fuel (12-06-2017), JW (12-06-2017), wss (12-08-2017)