View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #8
Gimme Fuel
Senator

Thanked 2,937 Times in 1,608 Posts
Gimme Fuel has a reputation beyond reputeGimme Fuel has a reputation beyond repute
Gimme Fuel has a reputation beyond reputeGimme Fuel has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 2000 Powerquest 380, 1987 Starfire, Past: 1997 253 Convincor,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-Checkmate View Post
Going to check AMP draw next week when I get boat back from getting new cover made. Motor didn't get hot, and only has a 15AMP fuse but I'm sure it's all the wire in the circuit. Power supply to dash switch, then both wire runs from back to front. My guess there's 30ft wire in that circuit. I like the relay... but I'm going a different route with the typical 4 prong relay. Going to have it only activated on the up switch polarity with a feed off the engine somewhere to boost the current/voltage to the motor. I also installed a diode to the relay "coil" so it will not activate on the down switch which is reversed polarity. does that sound like BS or maybe I may be onto a simple cheap fix??
Kinda reinventing the wheel. you can get similar or lighter duty reversing relays than one i posted for cheaper. It doesn't get much easier than adding a relay like that inline and running some heavier wires directly to battery with inline fuse.