header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Play To Win!!
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Play To Win!! This is the general Checkmate discussion forum. Come on in and tell us all about your boat! If your topic doesn't fit into our other Checkmate related topics, then this is the place to put it!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
March 2019's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "Chrisg82's" Enchanter Jet! 2 13%
I vote for "JupiterPulsare's" 2400 Pulsare! 0 0%
I vote for "PA-Checkmate's" Convincor! 3 19%
I vote for "senator-holland's" Convincor! 1 6%
I vote for "stuart enchanter's" Enchanter! 10 63%
Voters: 16 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 03-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #31
jjg
Vice Admiral

Thanked 1,152 Times in 431 Posts
jjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud of
Model Owned: 2014 Pulsare 2400 w/400R, 2011 1850 w/175 Verado

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Yes I was aware of that. Kip @ Checkmate said they pretty much just build to order now. And I could be wrong, but I think Checkmate may be one of the few East Coast builders still doing color in gel. Many of the high end East Coast & Florida boats seem to be painted now.

All of our local West Coast builders (Nordic, Eliminator, Howard, LaveyCraft, etc) are the same way. Built to order, all hand laminated (in some cases vacuum bagged) color in gel, and vey high quality. Unfortunately West Coast manufacturers don't build any 24'-26' V hulls with an outboard, and they don't build 24'-26' V hulls with windshields, either.

A new, custom West Coast 24'-25' boat, with a Merc 8.2 H0 I/O (430 hp) would be the same $$ (or more) than a 2400 BRX with a 400r. So it's not like Checkmate is out of line with other Custom Boat prices, and really no more expensive than many higher end production boats, like Cobalt or Regal for that matter.
I think you will be seeing more OB options in sport boats as the industry moves forward. The Mfgrs need to stay relavent with what people are wanting to buy. Checkmate is one of the few that offer many OB options, especially in a 24’ option.

The cockpit room and leg room in these 24 Pulsares is great, and I agree about liking the swivel seats!
Ive slept on mine many nights and Im 6’4”, works great for an overnight or two.
jjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #32
H2O
Wannabe

H2O is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg View Post
I think you will be seeing more OB options in sport boats as the industry moves forward. The Mfgrs need to stay relavent with what people are wanting to buy. Checkmate is one of the few that offer many OB options, especially in a 24’ option.

The cockpit room and leg room in these 24 Pulsares is great, and I agree about liking the swivel seats!
Ive slept on mine many nights and Im 6’4”, works great for an overnight or two.
Agreed! Virtually all of the production manufacturers are coming out with O/B options.

Assume you have the bow filler cushions for the overnights?
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #33
jjg
Vice Admiral

Thanked 1,152 Times in 431 Posts
jjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud ofjjg has much to be proud of
Model Owned: 2014 Pulsare 2400 w/400R, 2011 1850 w/175 Verado

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post

Assume you have the bow filler cushions for the overnights?
Yes I do, actually had Checkmate make me some nice memory foam cushions and custom slip cover sheets. I also had them put in a deck hatch for the build, found a nice hatch fan, makes for a good place to crash after a long day on the water.
jjg is offline   Reply With Quote