header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Overhaulin' > Electrical, Audio & Rigging
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Electrical, Audio & Rigging This forum is for Electrical, Audio and rigging related topics. Topics include wiring, gauges and fuel tanks, rub rails as well as audio installations. Topics related to engine electronics and wiring should be placed in the appropriate powerplant forum.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
May 2019's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "JupiterPulsare's" 2400 Pulsare! 6 32%
I vote for "PA-Checkmate's" Convincor! 4 21%
I vote for "senator-holland's" Convincor! 5 26%
I vote for "boatn70's" Pulse 210! 4 21%
Voters: 19 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 03-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
Kvi
Wannabe

Kvi is on a distinguished road
Model Owned: Checkmate SportfireIO 1988

Default Electrical issues on sportfire

Hi,

I am restoring a CheckMate Sportfire (i think it is a 89) and are having issues with the wire harness. The main issue right now are the ground routing.

does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for the boat.
This way I can troubleshoot the issue.

There are some "rubber like" connectors, one in the back where the harness splits up for the engine and two under the dash, where there seem to be oxidation and poor connection. Are they ment to be taken appart ??

Hope you can help me out and I can get the boat on the water :-)
Kvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Jimway
Ambassador

Thanked 2,304 Times in 984 Posts
Jimway has a reputation beyond repute
Jimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 95 Playmate

In the scheme of things, there aren't that many wires on that model. Wont be that hard to 'ring' out the wiring harness. I can't picture the described connectors but they probably do disconnect. Black should be the ground color. It is entirely possible that someone else has been in there previously.
Clean all of those connections that don't look right. Look at rear of hull to find identification number of vessel and year of manufacture.
Jimway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:58 AM   #3
Kvi
Wannabe

Kvi is on a distinguished road
Model Owned: Checkmate SportfireIO 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimway View Post
In the scheme of things, there aren't that many wires on that model. Wont be that hard to 'ring' out the wiring harness. I can't picture the described connectors but they probably do disconnect. Black should be the ground color. It is entirely possible that someone else has been in there previously.
Clean all of those connections that don't look right. Look at rear of hull to find identification number of vessel and year of manufacture.
unfortunately i cant insert pictures ....
Kvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
Jimway
Ambassador

Thanked 2,304 Times in 984 Posts
Jimway has a reputation beyond repute
Jimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 95 Playmate

I feel your pain on the picture part. I can't pull it off either.
Jimway is online now   Reply With Quote