header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Play To Win!!
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Play To Win!! This is the general Checkmate discussion forum. Come on in and tell us all about your boat! If your topic doesn't fit into our other Checkmate related topics, then this is the place to put it!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
November 2018's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "Redboat's" Senator! 3 15%
I vote for "JupiterPulsare's" Starflite! 3 15%
I vote for "Chrisg82's" Enchanter Jet! 6 30%
I vote for "ekkick's" Convincor! 8 40%
Voters: 20 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #14
CheckmateFever
Admiral

CheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to behold
Model Owned: '86 21' Enchanter I/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
I totally agree on this. Checkmate's marketing is non-existent. I don't even know how they are surviving. It once was a company that mass produced a good quality boat and had a decent dealer network but now doesn't build many boats per year. I may be partially to blame....I've never purchased a new Checkmate and feel bad for that but I've never been financially secure enough to spend the money for a new boat. On the other hand, I feel that I've been a great spokesperson for the brand. I believe in the product, promote the name any time I can and love showing off my Checkmates.

Checkmate really needs a new Website. The Doug Smith stuff needs to go away; it left a bad taste and bad reputation for the brand. New boats, new graphics, and new interior pictures need to be uploaded. New language, maybe some option pricing and testimonials need to be added. Rigging a new Pulsare 2100 with a new Merc 300R and a Pulsare BRX with a Verado 400 should be focused on. The 2800 needs to come back to life with the new Merc powerplants and a center console based on the 2800 hull should be designed. The 24' Center Console is a beautiful boat but you never see it advertised!!?? Why?? I love Checkmate and want to see them succeed. There's good people working there and the founder's son (Kip) is still active.

Yes, I am in the same boat (no pun intended). I have never been in a financial situation that would allow me to buy a brand new Checkmate, at least not what i'd want to buy if i could (Convincor 270 with a blue Merc motor). I want Checkmate to succeed as well, but i will say if it means abandoning the go-fast boat market with wakeboard boats and C/C's, i honestly think id rather see them go out with their performance legacy in tact. I know, it's probably better to sell out and go with what the market trends are doing, but i'm not a sell out kinda guy myself. On another note, i was looking at Sunsations website, looks as tho they are now center console only, there is no mention anywhere about their go-fast offshore I/O hulls anywhere on their site!! To me that's really sad, I've always been a fan of Sunsations boats, the C/C's just look like fishing boats on steroids, i know they are extremely high quality boats, just not go-fast boats in my eyes. Yeah, i'm to much of a traditionalist i guess, lol.