header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Play To Win!!
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Play To Win!! This is the general Checkmate discussion forum. Come on in and tell us all about your boat! If your topic doesn't fit into our other Checkmate related topics, then this is the place to put it!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
November 2020's Boat of the Month Vote!
I vote for "TuGHiLLBoYs" Convincor Shot!
I vote for "Coop's" Starflite!
I vote for "jjg's" Pulsare 2400!
I vote for "Jup's" Vintage Factory Shot!
I vote for "MsportRJ's" Pulsare 2100!
I vote for "Jupiter Pulsare's" 2800 with twin OB's!
I vote for "jumbofordman's" Predictor!
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 04-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #1
john lamon
Senator

Thanked 5,527 Times in 2,198 Posts
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 89 Eluder w/220 merc EFI, 76’ V-mate 1

Default Calling myself out....😂

So Friday we went up to the lake, I had to put skidoo’s away, rake leaves, just get everything ready for summer really, bought a new battery for the Checkmate so put that in, and I pulled the lower unit in the fall to re-seal it because there was a bit of water in it, wasn’t planning on doing anything on the boat till Saturday but it was going good so I figured get the boat done too, so put the lower on and grabbed the prop from under the bed that was there all winter, by this time it was dark and I was in a hurry, everything done, start fire outside and we stayed out there till 3am.

Now Saturday comes and it was a beautiful day, filled the boat with fuel and although the lake was still all frozen the creek that joins the two lakes was open, found a spot to unload in a ditch beside the highway, unloaded, took truck back to the house and we load up a cooler and go for a ride, idle the roughly 1 mile to the lake past all the cabins and there was just enough open water to get up on plane and clear the carbon out, trim in and pin it and nothing happens, just revs to the moon, at this point for a few seconds I was even panicking, anything more than a idle and it would just rev, so idle back down the creek shaking my head trying to figure out what was going on, long story short in my haste to get it done Friday night when I grabbed the prop from under the bed the hub fell out...and some how I’m Mercury certified technician 🤷*♂️

I guess **** happens haha.
anotherrunner83 (04-30-2020), cooperider (04-30-2020), DropTop5.0 (04-30-2020), Gimme Fuel (04-30-2020), JW (04-30-2020), mishawakajim (04-30-2020), RTMICK (04-30-2020), Sam I am (05-05-2020), SCT (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
Glenn Kornett
Playmate

Glenn Kornett is a jewel in the roughGlenn Kornett is a jewel in the roughGlenn Kornett is a jewel in the roughGlenn Kornett is a jewel in the rough
Model Owned: Pulsare 2400 closed deck

I thought you were going to say the hub was spun. How did it idle out there with no hub in the prop (that means no splines unless you have a different hub than mine) Glad you got it back without being stranded.
Glenn Kornett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn Kornett For This Useful Post:
john lamon (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
SCT
Senator

Thanked 3,011 Times in 1,447 Posts
SCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond repute
SCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond reputeSCT has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 300 Convincor, 2100 BR, 2100 LD, V191, MX13, 13' Playmate

John, I really appreciate a guy that keeps his props under his bed
SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SCT For This Useful Post:
john lamon (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
john lamon
Senator

Thanked 5,527 Times in 2,198 Posts
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 89 Eluder w/220 merc EFI, 76’ V-mate 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kornett View Post
I thought you were going to say the hub was spun. How did it idle out there with no hub in the prop (that means no splines unless you have a different hub than mine) Glad you got it back without being stranded.
Flo tourqe hub, the plastic part of the hub had fallen out, there’s still enough pressure on the nut to keep it spinning at idle.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
RNGRDVE
Checkmate Guru

Thanked 5,137 Times in 2,508 Posts
RNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond repute
RNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond reputeRNGRDVE has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: NONE 1997 253 and 1987 Starfire SOLD

Damn rookies...
john lamon (05-01-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 06:00 AM   #6
zstevens
Admiral

zstevens has a spectacular aura aboutzstevens has a spectacular aura about
Model Owned: 05'1850 Pulsare 150merc

I’ve had similar excitement/fail : new prop In mail , slap it on , straight to launch ramp & WTF my reverse is forward ... LH prop ! Never even noticed
zstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zstevens For This Useful Post:
john lamon (05-02-2020)