header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Powerplant Technical Discussions > Engine Technical Discussion
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Engine Technical Discussion This is our non outboard engine related technical discussion forum. If your boat is powered by a Inboard/Outboard, Jet drive, V-drive, or even something else, then this is the forum for you! Topics include engine repair and maintenance, modifications, drives and gearcases, electrical and electronics, etc. For technical assistance related to outboards, please use our outboard tech forum.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
July 2019's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "PA-Checkmate's" Convincor! 3 21%
I vote for "senator-holland's" Convincor! 1 7%
I vote for "Stuart Enchanter's" Bow Shot! 4 29%
I vote for "Checkmate Fever's" Dock Shot! 3 21%
I vote for "ChuckB's" Checkmate group shot! 3 21%
Voters: 14 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
R/T Mike
Jetmate

R/T Mike will become famous soon enoughR/T Mike will become famous soon enough

Default Ford 460 intake and carb upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my intake manifold and possibly my carb my 20 foot Senator with a OMC ford 460 powerplant. I'm currently using a 1 inch Wilson carb spacer on a stock iron intake with a Holley 4160 650cfm carb. The first question is what manifold. If I get a Edelbrock Performer ( Idle-5500), I can still use my Wilson spacer.
OR.
There's the Performer RPM air gap that is .500 taller and has a power band 1500-6500rpm. If I go this rout, the Wilson spacer gets tossed in the extra parts pile.
Something tells me to go with standard Performer and the Wilson spacer. Any thoughts??
The next question is should I dump the 4160 650cfm carb and upgrade to a 750 cfm Holley 4160 or 4150??????
I'm starting to enjoy having my boat in MY garage!!! The only problem is, to remove the intake manifold, the valve covers need to come off! To remove the valve covers, the exhaust manifolds have to come off WTF!
R/T Mike is offline   Reply With Quote