header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Play To Win!!
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Play To Win!! This is the general Checkmate discussion forum. Come on in and tell us all about your boat! If your topic doesn't fit into our other Checkmate related topics, then this is the place to put it!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
November 2018's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "Redboat's" Senator! 3 15%
I vote for "JupiterPulsare's" Starflite! 3 15%
I vote for "Chrisg82's" Enchanter Jet! 6 30%
I vote for "ekkick's" Convincor! 8 40%
Voters: 20 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

View Poll Results: June 2010's BOTM Nominations (Please choose two)
I vote for John Lamon's Eluder! 12 46.15%
I vote for the Checkmate Collage! 5 19.23%
I vote for hondam's Pulsare! 8 30.77%
I vote for BADBK's Pulsare! 17 65.38%
I vote for fbpd227's "over the bow" shot! 1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,091 Posts
Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: Pulse 170

Exclamation June 2010's Boat of the Month Nominations!

It's time for June 2010's Boat of the Month contest nominations!

For those who don't know, here's how this little feature works.

Each month we have five pics which battle it out in a poll to find out which boat is the boat of the month. The boat that gets the most votes as chosen by our members wins our boat of the month contest, and the winning boat graces our entrance page for a month.

Once the official poll is completed, the top boat is the boat of the month, and the boat that gets the least amount of votes gets eliminated. That leaves three holdover pics at the end of each month. Those three pics carry over to the next month's contest and get to try to win again.

Here is what to do, if you would like to participate.

If you'd like to enter your own boat, please post your best pic. If you'd like to nominate a fellow members boat, you can do so by posting it in this thread as well.

*Other Rules Worth Noting*

- Please do not post multiple pics of your boat! Just post your best single pic! Posting multiple pics of the same boat just lessens your chances of making it into the official poll as it will most likely just split your vote up! Also, if a member's boat is already nominated, please do not nominate another pic of it! Again, this just causes vote splitting!

- Due to the overwhelming response of nomination pics we're receiving- we are now limiting total nomination pics to a total of 10! Meaning, if and when we reach ten nominations within this thread, at that point we will immediately move to the nomination vote portion of the process!

-Please only nominate pictures that you know are non-copyright protected. If you're in doubt, please check with the picture owner.

Once we hit the middle of the month, or when we get ten entries, we'll hold an elimination poll to find the top nominated two pics which will then advance to our official Boat of the Month poll.

If you need picture posting instructions, please refer to the instruction thread located in the "picture this" forum and also located in the board feedback forum.

Good luck everyone!

Let's see those pics!

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
john lamon
Senator

Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,192 Posts
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 89 Eluder w/220 merc EFI, 76 V-mate 1

I'll play

Old 05-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Big Red
Checkmate Guru

Thanked 1,999 Times in 1,158 Posts
Big Red has a reputation beyond repute
Big Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 283 Convincor Pervious 242 an a Jetmate

I will try it again maybe it will make the poll

Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
groundloop
Enforcer

groundloop has a spectacular aura aboutgroundloop has a spectacular aura aboutgroundloop has a spectacular aura about
Model Owned: '79 Eluder w/ '93 Rude 175

John, who's that driving your boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john lamon View Post
I'll play

groundloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
john lamon
Senator

Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,192 Posts
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
john lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond reputejohn lamon has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 89 Eluder w/220 merc EFI, 76 V-mate 1

Hey GL, it's my 1 1/2 year old Rylan, he's learning early, about all he's figured out is how to adjust the jackplate and honk the horn, LOL he's a trooper though, it was about 35* that day and he didn't complain one bit.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
groundloop
Enforcer

groundloop has a spectacular aura aboutgroundloop has a spectacular aura aboutgroundloop has a spectacular aura about
Model Owned: '79 Eluder w/ '93 Rude 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by john lamon View Post
Hey GL, it's my 1 1/2 year old Rylan....
Tell him we said hi. So, can he handle chinewalk yet (if so maybe he could tell me what I need to look out for)? And is he gonna' get the hat if your boat wins?
groundloop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to groundloop For This Useful Post:
john lamon (05-18-2010)
Old 05-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Chris
Administrator

Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,091 Posts
Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: Pulse 170

Last call for pics!

-Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Old Hickory
Enforcer

Old Hickory is a jewel in the roughOld Hickory is a jewel in the roughOld Hickory is a jewel in the roughOld Hickory is a jewel in the rough
Model Owned: 83 Enforcer

I love this pic; maybe Hondam will make it this time

My Enforcer Resto Blog:

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/blog.php?u=15434

My other blogs

http://diyboatrepair.blogspot.com

http://americanlegacybuilders.blogspot.com

http://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.com
Old Hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #9
Jetmate
Senator

Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,103 Posts
Jetmate has a reputation beyond repute
Jetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond reputeJetmate has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 1972 JETMATE 18 FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
I love this pic; maybe Hondam will make it this time

Great picture, nice looking boat, so far it gets my vote.
Jetmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
BADBK
Ambassador

Thanked 1,151 Times in 537 Posts
BADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud ofBADBK has much to be proud of
Model Owned: 2100BR / 300XS

Best I can do on short notice.

BADBK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BADBK For This Useful Post:
Jetmate (05-18-2010)

Tags
boat of the month, botm, contest, june 2010, nominations