header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Worldwide Checkmate Chapters > "Pacific Mates"
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

"Pacific Mates" The Local Chapter for our owners from the West Coast, areas include Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
September 2018's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "Horseplay's" Convincor 300! 6 46%
I vote for "Redboat's" Senator! 0 0%
I vote for "Jupiter Pulsare's" Starflite! 3 23%
I vote for "Chrisg82's Enchanter Jet! 3 23%
I vote for "knarloid's" group shot! 1 8%
Voters: 13 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 03-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #31
Jimway
Ambassador

Thanked 2,292 Times in 974 Posts
Jimway has a reputation beyond repute
Jimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: 95 Playmate

I told him "m m my h head hurts" and warned him, with chattering teeth, that the cast was disintegrating as we spoke. "We got to lift the winch and cable and timber up the well and then we'll lift the tank" Granpa yelled."W wh what happened?" I yelled back. "Ceiling beam broke, jerked the winch right off the back of the truck. Everything ended up right down here. Tank looks like it is smashed flat" yelled Granpa. "We got the crane truck over the well and we'll get ya out in a couple of more minutes". "Th th the Flame?" I yelled. "Shook up some, no damage. Came and got us right away. Been tending to the drag saw ever since" yelled back Granpa. I was proud of my friend. Another set of boots touched down on the roof. "Whats thet funny smell?" asked a familiar voice. "You have an accident or somthin?" "N n no!" I yelled. I told them through chattering teeth that I was lucky that I went to the restroom before I ended up down there. It was my Grandpas best buddy, a guy that we called Mousey. He came across as shy, timid, and kind of nervous but quietly fired off quips ala Bob Hope, non stop. "Seems like we're makin a habit of pullin you out a trouble" he yelled. Right about here he kicked the air line loose. A steady stream of water shot from the ceiling. Mousey let loose nearly his full supply of curse words. Some of the words were still snapping and popping in the air when I let loose my full supply of curse words, some of which I had just learned.
Jimway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimway For This Useful Post:
1954bmw (03-07-2018), Gimme Fuel (03-07-2018), justintocars (03-10-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #32
Jimway
Ambassador

Jimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond reputeJimway has a reputation beyond repute

As I was breaking out the surplus pilot rescue breather, I smelled bubble gum about the time the flow of water stopped. It was really quiet now without the hiss hiss hiss of the air supply. The water didn't seem so cold now. I heard them call out for "cable up". There was some scraping sounds on the roof. Within what seemed like a couple of minutes, the men were back. "You OK in there"? "NO!" "Hang tight, we're gonna try to lift the tank" said Granpa. I could hear them hook the cable to the bracket on top of the tank. "Cable up". The roof popped back into somewhat of the shape that it had been before being crushed. Then the bracket ripped clean out, leaving a hole about 5 inches square. The water gushed in quickly. I dropped the flashlight and thrust my hand through the hole. It was dark now. I felt a firm grip. I was breathing through the little metal tank now. With the water over my head now I couldn't make out what was being said but there was a lot of yelling going on. After what seemed like an eternity, my hand was pushed back down and a length of pipe was inserted into the hole. The cable loop was around the middle of the pipe. The pipe extended on either side of the hole. The tank collapsed in on itself as the cable started up. I could feel it in the dark. I was trying to dig at the bottom edge of the tank but it felt like I was moving in slow motion. Some serious hypothermia had set in but I didn't know it. The first tank was now empty and I was groping around for the second one. I found it and with a minimum of joviality I resumed trying to dig myself out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimway For This Useful Post:
1954bmw (03-07-2018), Gimme Fuel (03-08-2018), justintocars (03-10-2018), Nick616 (03-08-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #33
1954bmw
Trimate

1954bmw will become famous soon enough
Model Owned: 1971 MX15w 115-135 Frankenmerc, 16.6 Sea Ray, 2- 18.6 Sea Rays, 3888 Bayliner, 1973 MX14w 50 merc

Come on Jimway, you was just about to drown, then nothin?????????
1954bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1954bmw For This Useful Post:
Jimway (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #34
Jimway
Ambassador

I was digging away in pitch darkness at the bottom edge of the 'bell' when it rocked first one way and then another. I was so cold that I was warm now. The 'bell' rose up and away with an ear popping suction. With the 'bell' now gone, it was hard to know which way was up or down. This was the really scary time. The water had been churned into this muddy soup that had found its way into my eyes, nose, mouth, ect. The other spare little air cylinders had gone up with the 'bell'. The one I had was already showing signs of giving out, possibly because of some fast breathing that was going on. The next thing I knew, a big hand scooped me up. I suspected it was Mr. Death or Old Scratch himself. I was relived, to say the least, when I recognised my Granpas voice. "Cable up!". We emerged from the top of the well. "What kind of fish is that?" asked Mousey. "Looks like one of them salamanders, only uglier" he added. "What'd ya use fer bait" came a comment from the peanut gallery. "Better throw it back" came another. I found a place to quickly sit down, fearing that my posterior area might warm up faster than the rest of me might. The Mouse poured some water on my face while my Grandpap looked at my arm. With vision clearing, I noticed that the well house was in a pile. "W what h h happened t t to the well house?" I asked. "Shoved it over to get the crane truck set up" chuckled Granpa. "We was in kind of a hurry at the time" he added. "Guess who's gonna fix it all back up again?" said Mousey. I was really happy to be out of the well. All of the guys gathered around and asked questions about the whole affair and told me about the rescue, point by point. It was now late afternoon. several hours had gone by. The sun never felt so good shining on my skin. The Flame was there helping to wash me down and make a sling for the broken arm that wasn't so broke any more. I was proud of my friend. I looked over at the crushed up tank in awe. There was no doubt that I had been more than a little lucky. I looked over at my Grandpa. He was seated on the back of the crane truck kind of slumped over trying to light a smoke from a pack of Lucky Strikes from his 't' shirt sleeve. His hand was shaking just a bit. Mousey reached over and steadied his hand for a moment. They shared a look at each other. I went over and appologized to him. I thanked all of the guys. "I wonder what Grandma is gonna say about this?" I asked. The Mouse spoke up, "Wall, the whole time you been playin Captain of the Nautilus there" "You mean the naughty luss" came a shout and chuckle from the guys, "If I may please continue?" commented Mousey. "By all means" quiped Granpa. "The women left just before the Flame came barging in this mornin. The way I sees it, they don't know nothin about this here little shenanigan and we should probably keep it that way." "WHAT, you want us to lie about?" came a question from the guys. "Yes" answered the Mouse. "OK" said one of the group. "We just wanted to be clear on it" and smiled. I did learn some things about gravity, water, weight, and myself from the ordeal. I also learned some invaluable lessons in carpentry while I rebuilt the well house. We, as a group, also learned that it is simply an old wives tale that experiences like this turned your hair all white all over. It only turned the hair on your temples white and it disappeared after a couple of days. The shakes hung on for another day or so and then they were gone too for the most part. The Flame and I rebuilt the well house. On the end of the build, as we sat there on the roof sharing a pilfered Colt 45 beer in the late afternoon sun, after nailing down the last piece of ridge cap on the roof, I commented to the Flame, "I got me an idea on how 'we' can get that old motorbike in the shed started" "I don't know" worried the Flame. "Remember what Granpa said" I offered up. "You man enough to kick start that thing, you man enough to ride it".......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimway For This Useful Post:
1954bmw (03-14-2018), Gimme Fuel (03-15-2018), Nick616 (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #35
1954bmw
Trimate

1954bmw will become famous soon enough
Model Owned: 1971 MX15w 115-135 Frankenmerc, 16.6 Sea Ray, 2- 18.6 Sea Rays, 3888 Bayliner, 1973 MX14w 50 merc

You SHOULD write a book!!!!!
1954bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1954bmw For This Useful Post:
Gimme Fuel (03-15-2018), Jimway (03-14-2018)