header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Checkmate Discussion Forums > Picture This
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Picture This This is a forum where you can post those great pics of your Checkmate. Show & Tell your fellow members all about your beauty!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
October 2018's Boat of the Month Vote!
This poll is closed
I vote for "Redboat's" Senator! 0 0%
I vote for "JupiterPulsare's" Starflite! 5 36%
I vote for "Chrisg82's" Enchanter Jet! 3 21%
I vote for "knarloid's" group shot! 6 43%
Voters: 14 100%
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 10-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
CheckmateFever
Admiral

CheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to beholdCheckmateFever is a splendid one to behold
Model Owned: '86 21' Enchanter I/0

Default Vintage Race 'Mate pic's from an old book i have...

Hey ya'll, thought you might get a kick out of these 2 vintage Checkmate pictures from an old powerboat racing book i have. The book is called "Speedboat Racing" and was published in 1972. I got this book many years ago when i came across it, i used to check this book out of the library every week when i was in elementary school, it's a kids book but has some killer cool race boat pics, which are now vintage! Anyways, these pics that i took from the book are of a what looks like an "MX" Mate and as you can see is called "Tweedy Pie Too Too" #799. Anybody have any info about this boat?? Most of the pictures in the book, the Mate included, are from the old Marine Stadium in Fla, in Miami i think. Sorry i didn't post these sooner, i haven't had the book out in years lol! Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to CheckmateFever For This Useful Post:
cooperider (10-20-2009)
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
illMATTic
Senator

illMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud ofillMATTic has much to be proud of
Model Owned: '78 Predictor, '88 Starflite, '98 Convincor 220 (current)

That first one is pretty slick. It similar to mine.

illMATTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
fugazied
Wannabe

fugazied is on a distinguished road

Nice find, I like seeing the old school guys hammering around in speedsters.
Would be nice to see some pics of them in flares standing next to their boats lol