• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Sewing Machine at Coop's Garage

cooperider

OK, this is not the most manly thing to say but, WoooHooo my new sewing machine is here!

Now I just need to learn to sew. :sssh:

Thats cool, so you are going to sew together a football and drink some beer, play a game of tackle football with the guys before you go to Hooters right?

I recently bought a new sewing machine as well. I pretty much learned as I went, and the rewards of doing it yourself are very pleasing.

Thats cool, so you are going to sew together a football and drink some beer, play a game of tackle football with the guys before you go to Hooters right?
First I have to go get a new air compresser to inflate the football. :D

2 stage, 7.5hp, 80 Gallon tank. That should do it.

Don't sell it short.....industrial sewing machines are manly.....especially when you are sewing thru seven layers of vinyl.

That's one tool I don't lend out! (I've recieved many of a case of beer as payment for repairing rips in tarps and seats)

I used one when i actually used to work as a canvas pattern maker, but it was always indoors and none of my friends ever saw me do it.

Now that you mention it..........I have a habit of pulling down the shade whenever I break out the sewing machine and tuning the radio to the local sports station.:D

Who the heck thought this bobbin thing up. I spent 2 hours trying to put that thing back together.

These things should come with a warning: Guys your big hands don't fit into this area very well, don't mess with it, ask your wife!!:brickwall:

My mother owns about 7 Industrail sewing machine and thru the years I learned to use most of them. I can go to the pattern store and find say. a pattern for a pull over hooded sweater pick out my materail lay out the pattern and sew me a sloppy pullover.at best.

New home made boat interior spring 05. My sisters & I first attempt at a boat interior.Notice the reworked hi-back racing buckets I'm extremly proud of.

Attachments

• Mvc-004s.jpg
    Mvc-004s.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 23
Here is the new machine.

New%20Sewing%20Machine.jpg

Hey Coop,

Not sure if your machine came with it or not.....but you will want to get a thread stand.

http://secure.sailrite.com/items.as...VEREST7AFA01C8B749}&Cc=303&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

It's better to pull the thread up off the spool.......that gives it an extra twist for strength and helps with getting a constant tension.

Also when I did my interior it was recommended to me to use a Bonded Dabond (polyester) thread "v92". (good for exterior work)

It did come with a thread stand. I will be buying some thread for it soon, I just grabbed that spool to try it out.

Thread tension! Yep I learned that was important. After cleaning all the extra thread out from around the bottom area after the machine jammed.

Back