• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Just rigged a new 2100BR with a 250xs.

WILDMAN

I just water tested it today before the customer picks it up. The motor had 15 hours on it, so it was already broken in. It was kinda rough, but it still ran 81.5 mph on gps. It may have a couple more mph in it.

Attachments

• Blue 21 Checkmate.jpg
    Blue 21 Checkmate.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Blue 21 Checkmate 001.jpg
    Blue 21 Checkmate 001.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 61
Suggestions

Wildman,

I am setting up a 2100 pulsare (2007) with a 300x (2005 w sportmaster 20" 1.62 gears). Any suggestions for setback, prop, etc?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks

Joe S.

I set up my 2006 with a 300x. I went with 16" of setback. 12" bracket with a 4" hydraulic. The Sportmaster will be 4-5 mph slower than the Torquemaster or Fleetmaster. My Fleetmaster had a nosecone, but is'nt always necesary. You can see the pics on my website below. Look under "Checkmates in stock" I've setup lots of them with big motors. The Sportmaster will always be alot slower. The 24 Pulsare I just did ran 70.8 with the Sportmaster, and 74.8 with a Fleetmaster, no cone. Same prop and hieght

Attachments

• 2100300xandrearofboat.jpg
    2100300xandrearofboat.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 39
Has anyone ever had problems with their transom on an enchanter/starflite/pulsare after adding a-lot of setback, by a-lot I mean 14"+ ??? I am at 13" and it still isn't enough, I can not get the speed nor bow lift that others do and I think it might be because my engine is so light, I have been told my bridgeport is around 360-390 lbs. If wildman is running 16" with a 500 lb. motor then I still have a way to go. I re-enforced the transom on both sides with an aluminum plate with not problems but I am leary of adding a 2nd set of extensions and would like to hear from anyone who has had problems with too much setback. thanks.

Actually, my 16" runs fine, but it takes a couple seconds longer to get on plane. What prop are you using, and how high is your motor? If it's too high, it won't carry the nose.

I tried lower settings first, about 3" below the bottom is where I started and It did not seem to create any more bow lift, only triming does, at this height I was maxing out at about 67mph 6800 RPM, motor is good for 7800, I then lifted it to about 1" above the bottom and got the RPM's up to about 7200 and 70mph. I still have to do a lot of positive trim to get that last 5mph and it becomes very difficult to steer at that point. My prop might be part of the problem, it''s a chpper style quicksilver prop, good for the engine, but probably not the best for the starflite. I have even removed all of the water-soaked foam and the wall from the nose and the area is empty to eliminate weight. When I trim up I can feel the boat starting to loosen up but I can't steer for crap the higher I go. I believe I need to be hitting 6500+ RPM to get the HP out of my motor, need some slip becuase the motor does not have the low end torque of the 3.0L engine and need a prop or enough setback to get the bow to float. I know it sounds like I have the wrong motor for the boat but it's all I have for now. -shane.

Back