• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

92 Pulse 185 Restoration

Hey Chris E You were right about the isolator.

$7.95 plug in & connect to home battery :)

You know your stuff .

Back in your boats day all I had to do is design the production wood & seat wood. I built maybe the first three and made sure everything fit OK. Then I would take the patterns personally to Wurms woodworking in New Washington Oh. I would go over them with one of there staff and they would eventually build us 5 sets of production wood and seat wood at a time. I would have to put the floors together here at CHK but that is all. I think I changed the seat wood may be three times on your model of boats life here at CHK. Now any one who orders a interior here at CHK usually get the final production of that model if it was ever changed that is unless it is specified on my order. I have patterns for interiors from 2008 back to the early 80s. But I'm sorry to say that the only production wood we keep is for current models most other boats have either been sold to another manufacturer or thrown away. You would not believe how many old molds our in our landfill. At the present time I am making all of the production wood and seat wood at CHK. I also do all of the parts orders here too. I hope that gives you a little imformation on your boat. Alan

Thanks Alan Very good info there.
So you designed my interior at the very least :)

Very cool interior design even after all these years :thumb:

Hey Chris E that post about the isolator I made stating $7.95 for the part was wrong is should have said $79.95

And I didn't need it.The engine is set up for duels as long as they are connected to the engine.
The isolator kit is for seperate banks of battery's,bass fishermen & such
So my boy Jerry sent it back.
He wasn't there the day I called

So that's what duel isolated meant

Posted this so anybody reading would know the deal :)

Well it's time for the fun to begin Over she goes & waiting to be loaded up at the dock.

Attachments

• DCFC0170.jpg
    DCFC0170.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DCFC0160.jpg
    DCFC0160.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 46
Here's a couple of shots of the Pulse out in a little Bay that the River feeds into.

Attachments

• DCFC0156.jpg
    DCFC0156.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DCFC0139.jpg
    DCFC0139.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 42
My son & daughter on the ski.

Attachments

• DCFC0131.jpg
    DCFC0131.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DCFC0127.jpg
    DCFC0127.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
Todd & I on the ski.

That's 4 adults in the boat with coolers and gear & all you had to do was hang on. I've never been pulled out like that.

The Pulse is perfect for what we like to do I couldn't be happier.
That little Bay gets rough when the wind comes up & the boat is excellent in chop.That is a very solid boat.
It also corners very well & is faster than I expected.It's just a great little boat.

Well, mission accomplished

Attachments

• DCFC0135.jpg
    DCFC0135.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 16
  • DCFC0124.jpg
    DCFC0124.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 27
Looks great Sawcat!

Couple of questions for you... What did you do to your windshield? It used to be black and chipped I see. What kind of speed are you getting from that E-Tec 175 and what prop are you spinning?

Thanks.

Now the only thing left is to work on is your sking. Back Straight,hips forward,Handle in.All that might be harder than refurbishing the Pulse.Great Job. Absolutly Perfect you will be enjoying it for years to come

:rof:

Looks great Sawcat!

Couple of questions for you... What did you do to your windshield? It used to be black and chipped I see. What kind of speed are you getting from that E-Tec 175 and what prop are you spinning?

Thanks.

jonnyspeed I just posted all I know so far on speed over on a thread called E Tec's on Mates under Outboard Tech by JW

The windshield I took it apart & had the frame powder coated,replaced all the other pieces also.Inside the frame gaskets,screw cover foam & foam between shield & deck.Mine was attached to the deck with screws.I replaced the screws with bolts & lock nuts.

Please take NOTE The windshield slides apart behind the curved plexi glass
The male/female part where it slides when powder coated WILL NOT go back together if Powder Coated The stuff is thick I had to very carefully sand & grind the mess out of there . :brickwall: It will allow you to do it but it's not easy

If I had gone back with black I think I would have been shafted.
Good thing I didn't have a Black boat.I liked F150GT's darth vader look.

If you need any of the parts info I'll look it up for you just say the word.

Thanks for the compliment johnnyspeed :thumb:

Now the only thing left is to work on is your sking. Back Straight,hips forward,Handle in.All that might be harder than refurbishing the Pulse.Great Job. Absolutly Perfect you will be enjoying it for years to come

:rof:
Might be harder!My forearms are killing me, just had to show the children how it's done.:shakehead:

Back Straight,hips forward,Handle in. Dang I could hardly get the thing on

Appreciate the compliment merc245
I don't recall if I ever posted a compliment like that on one of your pic threads but if I didn't I should have.
You have one of the coolest looking rigs I've seen.I love that boat.
Thanks again :thumb:

Attachments

• DCFC0120.jpg
    DCFC0120.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 27
well done, now come on up to canada and help me with mine :thumb:

Chris E If I was close by I'd be at your side when needed & you could count on that

We'd stay in trouble with our better halves.:bounce:

Thanks for the well done:thumb:

I'll be checking in on ya

GREAT LOOKING BOAT SAWCAT
JOB WELL DONE

MAYBE ALL YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR SKIING IS SOME BALANC FLUID IT CAN BE FOUND AT MOST ANY STORE IN A VARIETY OF PACKAGES:cheers
:lol: :rof: :lol:

GREAT LOOKING BOAT SAWCAT
JOB WELL DONE

MAYBE ALL YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR SKIING IS SOME BALANC FLUID IT CAN BE FOUND AT MOST ANY STORE IN A VARIETY OF PACKAGES:cheers
:lol: :rof: :lol:

My children tried to ruin me & now the young guns on my favorite place to go on the web are trying to finish the job :yell:

Really do appreciate the compliment LAPLANT :thumb:

Last edited:
Amazing job Sawcat! A lot of hard work (and I'm sure $$$) went into it, but you've got yourself one beautiful boat. I got tired just looking at the pics. Did you happen to keep track of the time/$$$ you spent on the project?

Amazing job Sawcat! A lot of hard work (and I'm sure $$$) went into it, but you've got yourself one beautiful boat. I got tired just looking at the pics. Did you happen to keep track of the time/$$$ you spent on the project?

i actually thought about doing that for my predictor (the accountant coming out in me) however, i decided that some things are better left unknown!

Persuader183 You know it's like building a car out of the parts house.

Ballpark spent. I'll say around $26,000. I know it's crazy. I could lie about it but I'm sure you can Add ,so there you go. My time, I'm drawing a blank:confused:

I did get a strong 150XR6 2.5 merc w/jack plate out of the deal.That's for my next project.:shakehead:

I should have listened to Chris E :eek:

Thanks for the compliment:bigthumb:
I'll look around for some pics of your Pulsare I sure like what I see in the avatar

Wow.....!

That interior looks better than factory. A job well done. What did you coat the seat frames with?

Back