• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

So anyone used one of those spike anchors?

We mainly beach our boats, or anchor them in about 2 feet of water..I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of those spike anchors..and how good do they work, cause right now I have to use two anchors..well first off I have to turn my boat around backwards, and trim the motor up all the way and back the boat onto the sandbar, so when the huge cruisers come by I dont get the waves coming over the back of my boat all day, I run two anchors, one off the right cleat and another off the left cleat..and the boat doesnt move all day. While others are adjusting anchors, Im just sitting back drinking another beer..So I was thinking about getting two of those spike anchors instead of useing big regular anchors..

I use the 40 pound dumb bells you by at Walmart they are much smaller heavy and easy to handle. They are gray in color and are all soild.

Attachments

• bigfit_1970_10668810.gif
    bigfit_1970_10668810.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 2
I use the 40 pound dumb bells you by at Walmart they are much smaller heavy and easy to handle. They are gray in color and are all soild.

i like the idea of being small (easy to store)...but do they hold the boat in place,even a large boat like you have...

Don't know about the spike anchor, seems like it would be a pain in the ass to put in and take out. But check out the baby box, those would be perfect. I've got a small and its still like 12x12 or something. I bought it beginning of season and there was only one time it didn't set the first throw, thing is awesome. Plus if you let these guys know you got about 10 people ready to buy they will knock like 15% off and offer free shipping.

www.slideanchor.com

Don't know about the spike anchor, seems like it would be a pain in the ass to put in and take out. But check out the baby box, those would be perfect. I've got a small and its still like 12x12 or something. I bought it beginning of season and there was only one time it didn't set the first throw, thing is awesome. Plus if you let these guys know you got about 10 people ready to buy they will knock like 15% off and offer free shipping.

www.slideanchor.com

12x12..how much..$$

I bought two of the smalls earlier this year on an OSO groupbuy and it was $220 Total. I think the small is usually like $130, plus it weighs a good 15-20 lbs so the shipping will be a little $$$ depending on how far. Check out that site, they have a lot of cool **** and it looks like its just a little upstart company. But everybody I know that has one absolutely loves it. My boat is 24 foot and I used it one day when it was like constant 3-4 foot waves and it dug in so good it was all I could do to pull it up. One of those things that actually just works great like it is supposed to. Plus it comes with a nice storage bag to go with it. I gave one of them to my cousin but I'd like to get a baby to use as a stern anchor.

http://www.slideanchor.com

They do good if you get the anchor out far enough I use 3 . They worked perfect on the jetmate useing 2

go with the sand spike

I've used the sand spike for years now and they work great and they are easy to store. Good luck.

Back