• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I gutted my Convincor this weekend!

ALOT of work, I pulled the engine a couple weeks ago and just got around to removing all the interior (the wood in the side panels is soft). I steam cleaned the entire inside including the cabin and bilge. I am rebuilding the 454 (now 468) with a mild cam and headers and reinstalling the Whipple. Not sure what to do on the interior yet, I may buy all new stuff and install it. The deeper I get in the more I want to do!

Attachments

• DSC02454.JPG
    DSC02454.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02455.JPG
    DSC02455.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 98
Guys on the site have bought complete interiors from Checkmate in the past.
I'm not sure if they still sell'em or not? New owner now

I know they have started building the interiors in the new Mates out of a special material that doesn't rot.

Haftoo55 is a member here and he works at Checkmate & would be able to give you better info.Maybe he will chime in.

If I could have bought my interior from them with the new material I would have.I had already spent a great deal of time & effort fixing & rebuilding the stuff I had before I found this forum :brickwall: Plus they just started changing over to the new material anyway so it was to late for me but your in luck if they will fix you up.

Hope it works out for ya :thumb:

Looking good. Any updates?

Not really, I am in the decision making dilema of whether to paint it or just sand it and spray clear over the gelcoat. The engine is about ready to re assemble, I got a new 224/236 cam and a pair of CMI sport tube headers and I am going back with the Whipple. I have ALOT of work to do to get it where I want it.

what is this new material they are using for the seats?

It's King Board & Pro Board That's what haftoo55 said they were using now.

There's a thread in the Overhaulin section called "What is this sheathing on all cushions & support frames" that where haftoo55 explained it.

getting a little further, rub rail and blower vents are off, MOST of it is sanded, and I also removed the rear railing to be left off. The snap screws have been nearly impossible to get out!

Attachments

• DSC02488.JPG
    DSC02488.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC02490.JPG
    DSC02490.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 31
Looking good. What are your plans for color?

I am still tossing it arund. I hope it doesnt offend anyone but I think the pattern on the sides AND the deck looks like crap! Right now I am going to paint the entire boat white, it has a black rub rail with red rubber insert. I plan to add some type of printed vinyl graphics but have not really seen anything I like.

Back