• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new support...too much?

ballardnboyz

this is my idea of support, i hope i didnt over do it...I didnt put foam back in, insteadI drilled and sealed holes at the support so water can run to the last bAy and be bilged out...if and when it gets in...tell me what y'all think...

Attachments

• boat resto 027.jpg
    boat resto 027.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 56
  • boat resto 032.jpg
    boat resto 032.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 47
more...

hers some finish pics

Attachments

• boat resto 043.jpg
    boat resto 043.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 51
  • boat resto 035.jpg
    boat resto 035.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 50
and more...

looked at some new mates and came up with this...what y'all think?

Attachments

• boat resto 134.jpg
    boat resto 134.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 67
  • boat resto 137.jpg
    boat resto 137.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 64
The stringer system looks very close to what I did under mine. Looks very good. Going to need to see more pic's of the boat.:bigthumb:

sweet..

thanks for all the compliments. I couldnt have done it with out all the help from this forum.
I will say to anyone just because it looks good doesnt mean shes perfect. My boat looked showroom 4 years ago when i bought it. To see the rotted stringer and single rotted rear suport at the bilge you would have thought i had a 100 year old wood boat!
But for 600.00 and some carpentry skills ot should last another 20+ years.

Heres some more pics....by the way I live on the outer banks,NC. No one here has seen a mate up close, even though there are lots of speed boat races 3 hrs out they have reggie fountain boats as the factory is close by...My mate has been dubbed "jeffs go fast boat" at 68 she is fast!

Attachments

• boat resto 079.jpg
    boat resto 079.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 51
  • boat resto 085.jpg
    boat resto 085.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 45
some more shotsssss...redoin the trailer now, just a note, when I redid my upper deck at the raised lip transom, I added glass and resin so the water pass thorough hole was at the botton of the cavity so nothing set in the raised area...

Attachments

• boat resto 086.jpg
    boat resto 086.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 48
  • boat resto 125.jpg
    boat resto 125.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 54
Sawcat

hey sawcat..I see you live close by..you must be the only other mate in the area...love to see yours up close..do you boat the sound?

Did you or are you going to add knee braces from the stringers to the transome? The transomes need all the strength help they can get.
Greate looking job.
F150GT

hey guys....didnt have to redo the transom it looked brand new. Who ever owned this beauty before me took good care to keep it dry. I wonder how much damaged get caused just from improper storage?

Sounds like a good idea to add support to the transom anyway. I acually glassed the new floor to the transom witch is about midway. That alone should help keep her inplace...

There are some pics on here of the transom from the inside.

Thanks for your interest and input!

Jeff

Attachments

• boat resto 029.jpg
    boat resto 029.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 21
  • boat resto 091.jpg
    boat resto 091.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 22
hey sawcat..I see you live close by..you must be the only other mate in the area...love to see yours up close..do you boat the sound?

Yep, Close by :cool: North end of Currituck.

I've heard there's a Mate in Elizabeth City, never seen it.
I've heard there's a Mate in Va.Beach,Va., never seen that one either.
I did see a Predictor in Washington,N.C. and I saw one back in the 80's on the Northwest River.

It would be great if we could make a run sometime,I'm in big demand with this crowd around here, so time, it seems there's never enough of it,
maybe we can make it happen. :surf:

We play in the Northwest River for the most part.It can be blowing and the river doesn't get rough.If it's not windy it can get as slick as glass.I do like to make runs out into the Currituck and up the North Landing River towards Pungo Ferry,Va. up the Intercoastal Waterway. That would be heading North from you though.
I haven't gone south in the Checkmate yet.

You must play in the Albermarle or Roanoke or maybe both ? It would be cool to learn my way around down there.

BTW, I like the Pedestals you installed, Nice touch :thumb:

I forgot to mention you should join us over on the sister site,Endless Boating.

You could show the guys the Outer Banks Boats.Pictures of the sounds and maybe the fleets in Manteo, Wanches and Oregon Inlet and so forth :thumb:

Back