• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Water Temp Gauge Wiring

Rob B

Staff member
I purchased a water temp gauge (Teleflex ) for my Mercury OB, there are two wires hanging under the dash. One is black the other is tan w/blue stripe. Does anyone know what other wires go to the water temp gauge?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

i think this is wright. it will take 3 wires, the black is a ground, tan/blue is the sender wire, and you will need a purple jumper for 12v. if you are not sure which terminal is for the sender, hook up the ground wire, and then turn on the dash lights and take the purple 12v wire to the terminal that turns on the light in the guage. hook the tan/blue to the remaining terminal for the sender. god luck!

:rof:WOW Kct11, One trip to WV and now you can't even spell "good"! I know, it was the boat purchase that has you screwed up! boatman

:brickwall:....wright is wrong also............i'm a lover not a speller. :rof: was the info i gave him right? i hope i helped out.

Yes Kct, You were right on the money just as we talked about yesterday! And you knew what I was talking about too! Didn't you? (private joke guys) boatman

I've installed both the water temp and pressure gauges. Here's a looky on the dash of my pulse 170. Next mod JP installation which is sitting in the garage waiting on the merc lifting ring.

Attachments

• 107_0721.JPG
    107_0721.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 107_0722.JPG
    107_0722.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 36
You had the same gauges I do! Both our original owners cheaped out and didn't load up the dash :shakehead:

Where did you get your water temp and pressure?

And I didn't know yours is an open bow, because it's the same colors as my old closed bow I somehow blocked out your model number and thought it was the 171 :thumb:

You had the same gauges I do! Both our original owners cheaped out and didn't load up the dash :shakehead:

Where did you get your water temp and pressure?

And I didn't know yours is an open bow, because it's the same colors as my old closed bow I somehow blocked out your model number and thought it was the 171 :thumb:

Yes they did!! I bought my gauges from overton's $72.97 shipped. I tried to match what was there already.We both have the same boat only difference is the colors and mine is 1996.

Gauges look great, nice job. i have the same ones for my dash, they work really well.

Thanks!! I was having a hard time deciding where to put them becuase of the limited dash space and the steering wheel limiting the view. After i installed them i found out my water pump/impeller is bad.

My old '92 171 and my current '92 170 both have the same vinyl, with all three colors on the seats. The black stripe sucks in the sun! I like your seats better without the black stripe.

The black boat will be hotter than heck! I have red carpet in this one, which will help, but I have the black ski locker which will burn too :devil:

I got red carpet as well. I hope the bimini top will offer some cool comfort this summer. But i still love the colors though.

Back