• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Getting the hang of it

gps is the only way to know for sure. i doubt that it would run 90 with a 25 pitch prop and the factory revlimiter.

You are right !! But what i dont know is how far off between my speedo(smartcraft gauges) and GPS at that speed :brickwall:

You are right !! But what i dont know is how far off between my speedo(smartcraft gauges) and GPS at that speed :brickwall:

My experience with non-gps speedo's is that; the faster you go the less accurate that they are. That is just my oppinion.

My Eddie Marine gauges are smart craft compatible as well. The speedo seemed to be fairly accurate, but I only had it for a day before converting it to GPS:shakehead:. That was during break in so I really wasn't pushing it to hard.

Just for a baseline, I am turning a 26P Trophy-Plus to 6000rmp even for a speed of 82 MPH. 1.62 gears.

Got plety left in the tank too!:cheers

My only advise besides getting a GPS speed is to ask people what gear ratio they are running when giving you baseline #'s. I have gotten all screwed up looking for props and RPM's gains that I never should have been using because I am trying to run the same setup as a guy that has 1.87 gears but "thought" they were 1.62's or 1.75's.:brickwall:

Also, what style gearcase are you running?

Hey Claupie...

When are you gonna change your user info to reflect that new rig you got there?

Did you just make the cut-off date for the 2009 model year?

I can only add that I've checked my Livorsi speedometer against my handheld garmin GPS and they run within 1 mph of each other right up to the mid 70's...haven't had an opportunity to check it faster than that. Upon that note..the last time I ran my Pulsare 2100 was with two adults, full cooler, full tank of gas, anchor and gear....7.5" setback, Merc 225 Xri, Jack plate all the way up, gear case water scoops, Trophy Plus 26 turning 6900 rpm at 73-74 mph!!

I can only add that I've checked my Livorsi speedometer against my handheld garmin GPS and they run within 1 mph of each other right up to the mid 70's...haven't had an opportunity to check it faster than that. Upon that note..the last time I ran my Pulsare 2100 was with two adults, full cooler, full tank of gas, anchor and gear....7.5" setback, Merc 225 Xri, Jack plate all the way up, gear case water scoops, Trophy Plus 26 turning 6900 rpm at 73-74 mph!!

Hey Jup,

What gear ratio are you run'n?

Hey Claupie...

When are you gonna change your user info to reflect that new rig you got there?
My user is showing the pic of my new 09 ????

Did you just make the cut-off date for the 2009 model year?

I believe that my Pulsare was the first of 09 production..I think Alan (haftoo55) could comfirm that...

Fly'in it

I agree with Hottie Daddio' 007,at about 80 it seemed to just lift off to 85mph,and was pushin strong headwind down the river, the bow was all over the place from the wind,that was a 300x with 9hrs break in time,a 1.75 Titus torq-master,at 6200rpm's with a 28 mildly labbed Trophy.
Bluehealer

I'm thinking of taking out my speedo to make room for an in-dash remote for a stereo. I don't use the stock speedo anyway since I have a garmin gps/sounder.

I agree with Hottie Daddio' 007,at about 80 it seemed to just lift off to 85mph,and was pushin strong headwind down the river, the bow was all over the place from the wind,that was a 300x with 9hrs break in time,a 1.75 Titus torq-master,at 6200rpm's with a 28 mildly labbed Trophy.
Bluehealer

Wow...nice job on the screen name. The double "O" seven was quite funny. lol

That is precisely the information that we need to make any sort of comparisons between boats.

Thanks Blue Healer Boy:cheers

I know this is not a Cmate but talk about a great pix of balancing a boat (Allison) up on it's pad!

Attachments

• airride-2.jpg
    airride-2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 25
I've set up alot of 21's. The 250xs and the 300xs will only seem to run 80-82 with the Torquemaster case. To get them to higher speeds, you'll need a jackplate that will get the motor an inch below or higher and you must have a coned case. It WILL NOT go faster without it! I had my 21 with a 300x up to 89.4 with a coned case. A Sportmaster will be slower unless you can get the case at least equal with the pad. The coned case seems to work the best.
I was surprised to find that the 250xs and 300xs have the same top end with the Torquemaster. The 300 does get there quicker though. It seems to be that the Torquemaster just will not let it go any faster. If you cone your stock case, you'll void your warrantee. Try to find a spare case and get it coned. To get the hyd plate to go high enough, I always use my custom setback brackets in front of the hyd plate. The setback bracket has 5" of lift already built in. Add the 5"-7" of hyd lift, and I can get it sky high! Here's a pic of the setup I use. The Stainless Marine Gorilla jackplate had 7" of lift!

21300xandrearofboat.png

Wildman,

I now agree on the stock TorqueMaster and Fleetmaster having their limits. I was hell pressed to prove a lot of people wrong. I have video proof of my 82.5 mph pass. I've seen 83.2 as a best pass. A lot of people told me you'll "blowout" the lower unit trying to get any more. Me being the disbeliever I am thought I could prove otherwise. I've had two blowouts trying. I'm flying 81-82 mph and suddenly lose my bow lift , nose of the boat falls and hold on "I'm making a turn at speed I was not expecting".:eek:

I have spoke with Titus. I'm going to have them cone my fleetmaster. I know the Torquemaster and Sportmaster have better internals but I'm not much of a holeshot monger or a dragster. I just like a topend run here and there.

My son was on the water today..And at 61000 rpm the speedo again read 90 mph...
Next time out we will get a gps,so we can see the real diff.in mph !!! :devil:

You should be right at 80 mph on GPS. You may have a couple more mph! Best I've seen with a 250xs is 81.8.

I know we don't have identical setups but I'm doing some calulations....... I have a 1.75 lower. I turned a Trophy Plus 26 @ 6500 rpms for a GPS'd speed of 82.5mph. If you have a 1.62 lower and are turning 6100 rpms you're roughly turning about 50 more rpms but on a smaller pitch prop. Doing some more voodoo calculations I think I'll guess 81-81.5 mph. These are just speculative guesses. Who knows if my tach is correct ? I know when I first got my boat I would see 80mph on the speedo and GPS was 72.3 mph. Not all speedo's are created equal ! I wouldn't be surprised to see you hit an 82 ?

I can't wait to hear what you can wring out of it for speed. Where are you in relation to prop shaft and pad ?

Back