• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

sneek peek pics of my enforcers butt lift

Old Hickory

hey guys,

havn't posted in a while on my blog.....looks like that will be my task tonight. Thought I'd give ya'll a sneek peek on the progress. Like I've said, the stearn of my Enforcer will be more like a convincor. enjoy the pics;)

Attachments

• con-stearn4.jpg
    con-stearn4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 135
  • con-stearn3.jpg
    con-stearn3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 117
here's a couple more. I'll be sanding and using filler to prep for glass. Should look real sweet when finished. hoping to get to that this weekend. Look for a more complete thread on my blog sometime tonight.

Hick

Attachments

• con-stearn.jpg
    con-stearn.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 78
  • con-stearn2.jpg
    con-stearn2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 72
looks good. are you closing in that splashwell? that would look great with a big ol' sun pad on he back.

Thanks, thats exactly what I'm doing:D Will mount the twins on a transom extension with built in swim platform. What you see is right where I am now. I still have to add a flange around the the rear deck opening to prevent water from running under the sun deck. Will be adding that.. and filler for final prep before glass.

Hick

I could say something like "nice butt:shakehead:", however that would be wrong on so many levels. Then I read above that there was going to be a sun pad so now I guess I can say "nice butt..... in the future" as I can see some hott butts tanning there in the future:rof:LOL!

Looking good Hick!:bigthumb:

Last edited:
I could say something like "nice butt:shakehead:", however that would be wrong on so many levels. Then I read above that there was going to be a sun pad so now I guess I can say "nice butt..... in the future" as I can see some hott butts tanning there in the future:rof:LOL!

Looking good Hick!:bigthumb:

nice butt...one of the many reasons I married my wife:D. Hers and a few of her friends will be on it next summer.....life is good:bounce:

Hick

Last edited:
yf88,

your resto is shaping up nicely. I am impressed. Was hoping to to post on my blog; but got booted out of the system due to chris doing regular "maintenance" on the site. Just got back on a few minutes ago. I'm callin' it a night and will post in the am.

Hick

Looking good, Hick. I like the idea of a sun pad on the boat. That's shaping up good across the back. Are you going to beef up the knee braces on the inside since you'll be hanging twins off the back? Nice butt w/ twins you can't ask for anything else.:D:drool:

Looking good, Hick. I like the idea of a sun pad on the boat. That's shaping up good across the back. Are you going to beef up the knee braces on the inside since you'll be hanging twins off the back? Nice butt w/ twins you can't ask for anything else.:D:drool:

The knee braces will run all the way up to the underside of the rear of the sun deck opening and contour the transom and will be 1.5-2" in thickness depending on the materials I choose to use. This will make the new stearn part of the entire structure and help displace the stress across the entire back of the boat; starboard to port, top to bottom. This is a design as I go and as a result I have to build patterns from scratch once each phase is completed. Been making my hair top computer work overtime LOL. I've found the time and energy thinking and designing far exceed actual build and fabrication time. One of the many reasons this has been going a little slow.

If you take a close look at this next pic of the inside of the transom/stearn you'll notice my dilema. I can't make the knees until the glass is finished and the stringers are installed and glassed in. The second image is a drawing depicting the side view of what the knees will look like. The actual knee will be much wider at the base...probably twice as wide as the drawing depicts. I have alot of work to do and I am hoping I'll have all the structural work done so I can paint by the beginning of january.

Hick

Attachments

• transominside.jpg
    transominside.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 59
  • transomkneedraw.jpg
    transomkneedraw.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 45
The knee braces will run all the way up to the underside of the rear of the sun deck opening and contour the transom and will be 1.5-2" in thickness depending on the materials I choose to use. This will make the new stearn part of the entire structure and help displace the stress across the entire back of the boat; starboard to port, top to bottom. This is a design as I go and as a result I have to build patterns from scratch once each phase is completed. Been making my hair top computer work overtime LOL. I've found the time and energy thinking and designing far exceed actual build and fabrication time. One of the many reasons this has been going a little slow.

If you take a close look at this next pic of the inside of the transom/stearn you'll notice my dilema. I can't make the knees until the glass is finished and the stringers are installed and glassed in. The second image is a drawing depicting the side view of what the knees will look like. The actual knee will be much wider at the base...probably twice as wide as the drawing depicts. I have alot of work to do and I am hoping I'll have all the structural work done so I can paint by the beginning of january.

Hick

Do you have something in the way causing you to put the stringers in first? I think it would be easier adding the knees and then the stringers, which is what I'm doing.
I made my knees 1 1/5" thick then I epoxied them to the hull and transom last night. Tonight I'll glass them in.The two problems I had was the bilge pump and the gas tank. Then I can add the stringers in the rear and work out toward the front.

I have a in-the-floor gas tank. It will be much easier to install the stringers first; ensuring that I get the proper width for the tank. Then it becomes a simple matter of installing the knees to the outside of the stringers w/out worry of the width between the knees. Less chance of screw up :brickwall:

Hick

I have a in-the-floor gas tank. It will be much easier to install the stringers first; ensuring that I get the proper width for the tank. Then it becomes a simple matter of installing the knees to the outside of the stringers w/out worry of the width between the knees. Less chance of screw up :brickwall:

Hick

I've got the same tank (32gal) I think you do. What I did was measure all the dimensions before I pulled the tank. If your tank is the same as mine you'll need 24" wide by 34" deep. I designed my knees to sit inside of the stringers and still have room for the tank. Look back at my earlier pictures and you'll see the gas tank before I pulled it. I'll get a drawing for ya.

Robbie,

I'll rethink the installation of the transom knees because i took meticulous measurements before I tore everything out; still need to to get everything glassed in before I install them anyway.

Rod

Hey guys,

Finally posted again to my blog. It was a marathon for sure....may not seem like it. I had to cull a few pics. But, I may include them a little later on. Click on my link below and tell me what you think. Feel free to leave comments and you can also rate the blog as well.

I told Chris I would post my resto in the blog format since it was new at the time and seem'd like a good idea. It just dosen't get the traffic like the forums do. I actually like the blog because I have more control on the content and can give it alittle better flow....anyway check it out.

Hick

Hey guys,

Finally posted again to my blog. It was a marathon for sure....may not seem like it. I had to cull a few pics. But, I may include them a little later on. Click on my link below and tell me what you think. Feel free to leave comments and you can also rate the blog as well.

I told Chris I would post my resto in the blog format since it was new at the time and seem'd like a good idea. It just dosen't get the traffic like the forums do. I actually like the blog because I have more control on the content and can give it alittle better flow....anyway check it out.

Hick

That's not a bad idea. I think when I'm done I'll get Chris to clean up my resto and leave just the pertinent infomation in.

Robbie,

Glad I took the pics. I hadn't looked at where the knees came out in awhile. They sat inside the stringers. Go figure. I may put the knees in first and do as you suggested and tie the stringers to them. Heres the pics. Thanks for the observation.

Hick

Attachments

• kneetr2.jpg
    kneetr2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 36
  • kneetr4.jpg
    kneetr4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 37
  • wwbrooke1.jpg
    wwbrooke1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 47
Robbie,

Glad I took the pics. I hadn't looked at where the knees came out in awhile. They sat inside the stringers. Go figure. I may put the knees in first and do as you suggested and tie the stringers to them. Heres the pics. Thanks for the observation.

Hick

You're Welcome!!!! Glad I could help. I think you'll be pleased and not as frustrated going that route. :thumb:

just bought a couple of ceramic space heaters for my garage; been so cold here lately havn't been able to work on the enforcer. Temps well above 60 in the garage now; w/ temps in the thirty's outside. Looks like I'll get some work done this weekend:D

Hick

Back