• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pulse170 Floor Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The enjoyment of speending a weekend on the boat, cranking on the throtle, not at the daily grind makes it all worth it. Somethings money can buy but its better not to know how much it cost ya!;)

Looking great. Amazing workmanship throughout the project. I am having a problem with my floor where it meets the hull. I am not happy with it so I might pull my carpet back up. What the problem is I think I might have mixed the resign to hot and it dried before it soaked all the way through the mat. I bought this reall heavy mat thinking it would be better that doing several layers but now when I bounce right on top of the seam, I can hear it making a slight cracking noise:brickwall:. I have never had a problem like this before and it sucks. Oh well I will pull the carpet and check whats going on and get it fixed. This time I am going to use the stranded mesh mat and do several layers to make sure its going to hold.

Yellow I did the same thing mixing the resin to hot and had to sand that area and try again.:( I've had a blast replacing the floor and hopefully I'll get to enjoy a solid floor for years to come.:D

No, I meant the very back of the transom, like how Greg's transom turned out on his X-Stream V-King. The tops of the knees are still 'open'. I know that horizontal board rotted that CMate installs back there, but I'm pretty sure it's installed that way to beef up the transom...............

Yellow I did the same thing mixing the resin to hot and had to sand that area and try again.:( I've had a blast replacing the floor and hopefully I'll get to enjoy a solid floor for years to come.:D

Thanks. Its nice to know I am not the only one that has this kind of luck. I guess if it wasn't for bad luck I would not have any luck at all;).

No, I meant the very back of the transom, like how Greg's transom turned out on his X-Stream V-King. The tops of the knees are still 'open'. I know that horizontal board rotted that CMate installs back there, but I'm pretty sure it's installed that way to beef up the transom...............

I got ya now. I didn't remove all of the horizonal piece, only what was rotted. That piece stretched the length of the transom. I've added another set of knee braces next to the horizontal piece that wasn't rotted on both sides. That part is kind of hard to see because of the light casting a shadow in that area. I might add another piece between inside knee and the outside knee brace.

Thanks. Its nice to know I am not the only one that has this kind of luck. I guess if it wasn't for bad luck I would not have any luck at all;).

I hear that. I had to do a couple of trail and error runs because the weather was so erratic this time of year. For example this week Monday was 51, today 69, tomorrow 75, Thursday, 70 and Friday 55 all are highs for that given day.

Looks great robbie, very rewarding to see those final pics with everything glassed in isnt it?
:bigthumb::cheers

Yes it does and thanks!!! Back when everything was tore out,nothing but the hull I was thinking what the heck did I get myself into. But it's very gratifying to see the end product after it's finished.:D

Great and Clean Job! This thread just set the standard for yrs to come.Solid Hull + 200hp = Yrs of fun! :D

Now for funnsies all U have left is keeping that Black Gel Coat Shiney, Deep and Clear.GOOD JOB! Merc245

I've come up with a way to tie in all four knee braces back to the transom. The problem I had was being able to access the bilge pump which sits behind the gas tank, yet be able to tie all four knee braces together. Here's a picture of what I plan to do.

Attachments

• horizontal brace.jpg
    horizontal brace.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 48
Over the past few days I've got a bunch done. I added a horizontal brace that ties the four knee braces to the transom. I added a notch on each side so the water would drain off when it comes thru the cable boot. Then got the wiring straighten out, put the battery, oil and gas tank back in. The bilge pump connected, need to reconnect the motor and ignition. Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• 119_1990.JPG
    119_1990.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 119_1992.JPG
    119_1992.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 56
  • 119_1996.JPG
    119_1996.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
and the rest of the pictures.

Attachments

• 119_1997.JPG
    119_1997.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 119_1998.JPG
    119_1998.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 311
Good job Robbie You ought to get a bunch of years out of all the work that you have done.:rof: You should see the boat that I am designing now. The stringers are 18" high. Thats all I'm going to say right now:sssh: you all will see it when we are done with it.

Good job Robbie You ought to get a bunch of years out of all the work that you have done.:rof: You should see the boat that I am designing now. The stringers are 18" high. Thats all I'm going to say right now:sssh: you all will see it when we are done with it.

Thanks!!! The pulse should be a little lighter after all the rotted wood I took out. I've learned some stuff along the way, could've done a few things different looking back, but I'm satisfied with the way the floor turned out. That's got to be a deep vee hull to have 18" high stringers.​

I got the carpet in today and need to finish carpeting the pedestal blocks. I got part of the interior back in, those blocks that I added works great holding the front seats and the walls under the console in place. I actually pulled the boat out for the first time in 2 1/2 months, got it washed before installing the carpet. Here's some pictures from today.

Attachments

• 120_2001.JPG
    120_2001.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 120_2002.JPG
    120_2002.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 120_2003.JPG
    120_2003.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 93
Here's more pictures

Attachments

• 120_2004.JPG
    120_2004.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 120_2007.JPG
    120_2007.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 120_2009.JPG
    120_2009.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 73
Here's the boat outside for the first time in 2 1/2 months.

Attachments

• 120_2005.JPG
    120_2005.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 120_2008.JPG
    120_2008.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 104
Good Info

I've been following your progress since you started. JOB WELL DONE !! this thread has been a lot of help to me thanks for posting so many pics on your progress ... you have no idea how much it has helped :surf:

I've been following your progress since you started. JOB WELL DONE !! this thread has been a lot of help to me thanks for posting so many pics on your progress ... you have no idea how much it has helped :surf:

Water bug thanks for the compliment and you're welcome!!!! I took a bunch of different ideas from looking at other restos and incorporated those into my boat. If you need any help just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back