• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

07 ZT-240 496HO

Swingray

I planning to buy a 2007 ZT-240 496HO.
Can anybody please tell me what kind of topspeed I can expect (GPS, not on speedo)?
I also like to know the precise (total) weight of the boat
(specs on the website says approximate weight 3600lbs).

Thanks,

There is a guy on here -- Craig with the 230 and the same motor he is just about 80 depending on your hull weight I would bet you are somewhere around 74 to 78. Alot of mojo for that speed but I am an outboard guy. Hey I love the motor and believe it or not she is pretty good on fuel from what I hear. If you really want to blast off buy the boat -- then call Eddies Marine from California, they put together a set of headers (exhaust system) that is supposed to give ya 5+ miles per hour on the HO!!!:D
Anyway good luck post your pics when you get it!!!
Good Luck!!!:thumb:

I planning to buy a 2007 ZT-240 496HO.
Can anybody please tell me what kind of topspeed I can expect (GPS, not on speedo)?
I also like to know the precise (total) weight of the boat
(specs on the website says approximate weight 3600lbs).

Thanks,

A good ball park speed for that boat would be 70 GPS :thumb:

I'm thinking mid 70's- cause a standard 496 runs low 70's on gps (if I remember right)... if it was me, I'd get the standard 496 along with hydraulic steering (at least assist) and purchase the Raylar 525 kit for it (alot of bang for the buck).

IMO- Why spend the extra money for the ho when you have this option? You can find it here: www.raylarengine.com/kits.html. I seriously looked into doing that along with a set of dana headers on a ZT240...

Edit: Hmmm.... I see you're purchasing an 07 (thought you were ordering a new one)

@ check this: I think a Pulsare 2400 with a 300XS would be best. But I love the V8 and the Zt240 is a bit more substantal craft, We always have a lot of wind blowing with nasty short waves on the lake. (a 27ft boat would be the best).

@ Big Red: our 22ft Procharged Stingray is doing 73-74mls GPS.
My 220SX is faster than a 23FT 230SX with a 496HO.
So I suppose you must be right,
Beside that, Stingray has a 20degr deadrise hull, the ZT240 a 24ft deadrise.
Stingray hull should ne faster, but the ZT 240 has a better ride (I hope)!

@ Ndaniels: Can not affort a new one. But that 2007 has al the options you can get.
Only unfortunately no Q&Q Corsa.
Have to order a stock engine, boat mechanics are poor in our country.
If you have a problem during summer time you have to wait for 3 weeks or so.
If I show up with a special engine they flip out.........
They even don`t know how to handle the procharger..........

Thanks to all so far.

If someone know the precise weight of the ZT240 (with the 496), that would be great!
Need to buy a proper trailer for it and probably another car, haha!

i just purchased a 08 zt 240 , 6.2 mx 320 hp runs 61 on gps in 1 ft of chop, this boat really handles nice it lands so soft , it has a narrow beam and if you measure just the bottom of the hull its about 7' . i went from a zt230 to this boat and i am very happy with the ride its always choppy where i boat , not sure i would want much more than 70 mph in 1 or 2 ft stuff , but thats just me, maybe with k planes and hyd steering. good luck

Attachments

• bike 011.jpg
    bike 011.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 36
  • bike 014.jpg
    bike 014.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 39
I run a ZT230 with a 496HO and have ridden/gpsed in a ZT240 with 350 mag. Also seem to recall a post or speaking with a guy who runs a 240 with the HO. Best as I can tell, the speeds between the two boats are virtually identical - 350 (300hp) - 58 gps
6.2 (32) hp) - 61, 496Ho (425) - 71 - bravo four blade, 73 - Mirage or Mirage Plus 3 blade. these are "everday" numbers with a normal load. I've seen 78 gps in best conditions ever.

I liken these big block IO checkmates to classic muscle cars -- they ain't the fastest but they sure do sound and look pretty. Do not forget the exhaust system form Eddie's marine:D it will get you close to the 80 mark. Hell if it can do it for a bla ha :sick: with similar spec's it will certainly do it for a mate. You will look kooler also!!

yes they are the new seats, bottoms drop out manually. that boat should be a lot of fun with a 425 ho. i bought this off a lot as a left over with a new aluminum venture trailer pd about 53k i love big blocks but this 6.2 aint bad its great on gas burn about 7 gph at about 3800 rpm 48 mph.

I liken these big block IO checkmates to classic muscle cars -- they ain't the fastest but they sure do sound and look pretty. !!

I would not knock the I/O's I dont see any O/B's running 100 yet:bigthumb: But I see a handful of the I/O Checkmates doing it.

I would not knock the I/O's I dont see any O/B's running 100 yet:bigthumb: But I see a handful of the I/O Checkmates doing it.

there are a handful of twin outboards around here(northern michigan) that run tripple digits.
not many i/o's.......they might not be c-mates:sssh:

And I was knocking them how?? ;)
I just said they were not the fastest but sound great and look pretty. I have never come up against a checkmate that has been close to the 100 mark, including my own. I did not buy mine to go 100 but for what these boat offer overall compared to others. The 100 mark is not important to me, if it was I would have made another choice. In fact my next boat will be a 75mph boat.
I believe checkmates are more about classic lines -- value for your dollar -- and overall performance, not breaking the 100 mark.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

yes they are the new seats, bottoms drop out manually. that boat should be a lot of fun with a 425 ho. i bought this off a lot as a left over with a new aluminum venture trailer pd about 53k i love big blocks but this 6.2 aint bad its great on gas burn about 7 gph at about 3800 rpm 48 mph.

I like to post a picture also, but my profile says I can not attach pictures.
Is there another way?

Back