• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

gel coat

john lamon

I'm looking to ditch this line-x crap the old owner put on my boat, wouldn't be bad if he picked a darker color but he was trying to match the light blue on the seats and looks like crap, plus it has to add some weight, it pulls up easily (I tried it on a corner) but is scuffed underneath so it would stick, I'm gonna have to drill out all the rivets for the tarps as they are on top of it, the gelcoat is scratched pretty good so don't no if I can buff it out or have to repaint it, I don't like the idea of painting it and was wondering if you can get it re-gelcoated if neccasary, it would only be from the rubrail up. the side and bottom are like new. I'm not sure if anywhere does this other than boat factory? I know it would probably be more $ but plan on keeping this one for a long time so would be worth it, been eyeing up a new 250xs for it just as soon as I can figure out how to do the switch without the wife noticing.:lol:

Attachments

• 09 pics 077.jpg
    09 pics 077.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 09 pics 069.jpg
    09 pics 069.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 09 pics 064.jpg
    09 pics 064.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 33
How do I post these pics bigger so their not just a thunbnail:brickwall:

Ya' gotta' set up a photobucket account. Upload your photos to that (before you upload them to photobucket, sizing them to somewhere around 500 to 600 pixels wide works well). Then when you're making a post on the forum click on the photo icon and a popup will appear for the url link to your photo. Go to photobucket and copy the "direct link" for your photo, then paste that into the photo popup.

Clear as mud, right?

It doesnt matter when we click them they get bigger. nice boat:bigthumb:

Thanks for the nice boat comment, this boat is kind of special to me, I was only 12 years old the first time I seen it and every time we would see it out on the lake I'd tell my parents I'm gonna own that boat some day and they would just shake there heads, I always just loved the way it looked in the water, from what I remember it was the only mate on the lake back then, my Dad had a pretty big smile on his face when I pulled up to his house with it.:bigthumb:

Thanks for the nice boat comment, this boat is kind of special to me, I was only 12 years old the first time I seen it and every time we would see it out on the lake I'd tell my parents I'm gonna own that boat some day and they would just shake there heads, I always just loved the way it looked in the water, from what I remember it was the only mate on the lake back then, my Dad had a pretty big smile on his face when I pulled up to his house with it.:bigthumb:
That is a good story, i like it. when i was an early teen my brother who is 60 now had a new silverline well he moved away to bowling green and we visited him one day and in his garage was a blue and silver metalflake checkmate, dont remember the model but i saw it and i thought that it looked bad and sinister. My brother has to have the best of everything and hes got it all but he told me that day that that is the best boat ever built and the coolest and now im on my 3rd one.

Back