• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

trimate II rehab

ezflyer

just hanging around

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 78
bad eye sore

ouchhh

Attachments

• IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 70
more rot

looking like 32 year old boat

Attachments

• IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2000.jpg
    IMG_2000.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 59
bare bones

naked i say

Attachments

• IMG_2066.jpg
    IMG_2066.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2067.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 62
starting surgery

repairing boats (i love this stuff)

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 63
Really nice to see another classic Trimate II being saved . Nice colors too . I havent seen to many those colors...:thumb:

Now that's what I call dedication. It's great to see what your doing with an old classic. You are lucky to have the time, place, and knowledge to do this. Keep up the good work and good luck with your project! :thumb:

Awesome work, I do enjoy seeing a old Checkmate being reworked . :) We have to keep the classics out there ;) Keep the good work up, I will get some pics up later this winter of one I will be reworking.

Awesome work, I do enjoy seeing a old Checkmate being reworked . :) We have to keep the classics out there ;) Keep the good work up, I will get some pics up later this winter of one I will be reworking.

i realy want to thank all of you for ur support.:popcorn: i will have more pic later and as i build. i do have transom in and working on the foor. i will put more knees on transom as soon as i get the foor in. i am a little under the weather as i type. so give me a day or two and we will make it happen again.:p i cant tell yall how much i love rebuilding boats. this is my third one. i am working on my second one in 6 months.:surf: wish i could do this for income but not much of a market down here. ps it looks like i got the puss wet anyway ... havent seen her in a couple days. hehehehehe probly tryn to get resin out of fur. heheheh pooooor cat.

New backbone

just like a new pair of shoes

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 53
cap on temp

gota get them measurements

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 46
A wet puss is not a bad thing!!!

Man, you aint messing around! Your making good time on her:thumb:

well it is going pretty fast as you say,:eyecrazy: but i have been working on it for about a week and 1/2. the pics have been taken, just had to become a supporting member to post pics. :rof:. it is getting chilly down here in lousiana. i have both heaters going in my shop. the resin just dont get hard fast enough in this cold weater, so then all i can do is just pet the puss for a while. :poke: i will have some more pics soon.... thanks for tha support.

well it is going pretty fast as you say,:eyecrazy: but i have been working on it for about a week and 1/2. the pics have been taken, just had to become a supporting member to post pics. :rof:. it is getting chilly down here in lousiana. i have both heaters going in my shop. the resin just dont get hard fast enough in this cold weater, so then all i can do is just pet the puss for a while. :poke: i will have some more pics soon.... thanks for tha support.

Wow your making great time . Looking good :thumb:

GOTA GET CREATIVE HERE

ASUMED IT WAS STRAIT AND I WAS WRONG.:brickwall: i have some puty i use to make my radius, i am gona haft to do a little body work on my back side. i used a string and strait edge to put in transom. it should of had a bow in it:shakehead:. it starts at nothing and ends up with a 3/8 gap that cant be pulled with rivets or screws.:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 43
If your going to repaint, you could cut a wedge out of the top, pull it in tight, and glass it back. Not a big deal at all IF your planning on a repaint.

My 79 21' enchanter OB was the same way. There was clear silicone in the gap that the rub rail covered mostly. As far as I know, the transom was never touched.

If your going to repaint, you could cut a wedge out of the top, pull it in tight, and glass it back. Not a big deal at all IF your planning on a repaint.

My 79 21' enchanter OB was the same way. There was clear silicone in the gap that the rub rail covered mostly. As far as I know, the transom was never touched.

thanks i thought of somthing similar. not sure wat i want to do.:sssh: it might do the old r.t.v trick as well. naaa cant do it. :shakehead: i will fix it some how. it is gona get new white gel and trimed out blue with silver flake followed with some yellow and silver accents.:bigthumb: sometimes my body sleeps but my head never gets any rest. it is a handicap sometimes.;)

Back