• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

trimate II rehab

Your really gonna have to quit messing around and get something done already.... JK looking good :bigthumb:

was a little slow today due to i could not build the ss bolt bracketts at work. had to do it at home. that took a little time to make and put in place. thanks for the support my friends:poke: i will try realy harder tomorro.... hehehehe yall have a good night

had a busy weekend and didnt get to work on mate much. i have the seats in and started on dash but run into a few obsticals with windshield and the height of my gauges. the only thing i can do now is set the gauges to be looked at trough steering wheel. i dont like that ,so i guess it is back to drawing board............

hey guys i hope yall have had a very merry christmas. mine has been awsome. i have my dash all glassed in and ready for paint. i need to decide if i want to go with bucket seats in back and front or if i want bench. can i get some of yalls opinion on what would be more practical for use. i have a two year old daughter and a seven year old son. i will post pics when i let all this food go down... hehehehe.

my trimate has the front bucket seats . I saved them when I did the interior . I replaced the wood in the bottom . I totally rebuilt everything else from scratch . mine has two chase lounge seats in the back . I thought about making a bench but like the configuration of the lounge seats give alittle more room arossed the back of the boat .

Wow you"re really moving along quickly! I will be doing a new interior myself in my TRV17 (similar boat just slightly larger) over this winter. I decided to do away with the original front seat design (bench bottom) and install 2 Wise brand fishing boat seats I got at Bass Pro Shops. There is not enough room up there for full size buckets so these should do just fine. This will allow a lot more room to walk to and from the bow without stepping on or tripping over a useless bench seat bottom that nobody sits in the center of anyway. Got 2 new full size buckets for driver and passenger. Like you I have not decided if I want a bench or buckets in back. Buckets would be great for more walking room, fishing, motor access, room to go pee off the back, or a place to put a cooler. A new bench seat could get expensive and have to be custom made but would be more comfortable for passengers especially kids. Also a good for the hot babes to stretch out and suntan. Whatever you decide I'm sure it will turn out nice. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Nice transom clamp design.

Love the storage area in the bow.

thanks for the replies.:D i think i am gona go with bucket seat all the way around and build a middle section in middle of rear buckets.. hey coop that was the best i could do in a time frame i work in... which is hurry up and work out the details latter.:eyecrazy: i am gona build a slip in and lock down deck for the front bow to sun tan on.it will be removeable. i have it built in my head, just havent got that far yet. gona order seats this week. :banana: guys if your gona change seats or buy some go look on ebay .they are realy not priced that bad. i just need to download pics of my new dash. it has been done for a few days just been busy. have a good night and any ideas helps me out .....:bigthumb:

the dash - first attemp

The dash - the 1st attempt!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 40
the dash - 4th attempt

The dash - 4th attempt!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2287.jpg
    IMG_2287.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 37
The Dash

The dash installed after MANY DAYS of THINKING!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 52
Looks great, I really like the new dash. Have you thought about chopping the whindshield?? A shorter windshield will totally change the look of the boat.

more pics on page 5.. i got realy flusterd with this part. i normaly have a decent idea and can put it in reality. i just had a hard time putting my thoughts on paper and making it happen. i realy wanted something a little more sporty and aircraft looking. i just had a hard time and settled for what you see. building that dash was like tring to pea through six inches of clothes with a three inch pecker.... heheheheh . hope yall enjoy.........

yes the windshield will be shaved and i am gona try to lay them back at more of an angle to try to acheive a sweep back profile . also have some more picks that didnt download from camera, i am tired i will do it tomorro. thanks for tha suppot.....

The Dash

more pics

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 40
EZ that's some good workmanship right there!! :thumb:How did you make the wood conform to the radius/circle at the top?

Back