• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

aint but 3 kinds of checkmates

21 foot boat

i cant figure out why my enchanter goes faster when i take my friends passengers aboard after i beat them first time. i do know that the reason a 35K$ brandnew concord w/250 couldnt catch me. it didnt take me long to figure out that my enchanter might chine my ass to outerspace if im alone. but that freiking 75 hp 4 stroke cover einstein found on ebay for 100 bucks, taught me how to tie wrap a cover on, never attempt 6k alone, and not fall asleep at the wheel with 4 head in the back. figure it out, more weight i put in faster i go. my speedometer is close to my rpm and horsepower.hell with boats, im switching to an aeroplane now. maybe i can get it to chine hahahaha

I don't know if I'm good old big one or big old good one??? But, just glad to be one!!!:cheers:

still alive

just couldnt get the tunnel through the massive white of chinco inlet 2 fridays ago when hurricane bill came by, but my 2 passengers couldnt say they were glad i didnt after the attempt. i love g's from swells. and last sunday ide like know what tore a blade off my 24 chopper, right before i floored my enchanter while cruising toward assateague bridge at 6k. had 5 onboard, 4 for ballast in back. glad it broke before i hit 7500 rpm. so far this summer ive done pretty good. only burned & blowed 3 motors & 2 gear cases & 1 prop. this is an exceptionally good year. aint gone out as much this summer, but that dont necessarily mean anything, because i blowed 2 in january. :eyecrazy: next wknd is labor day and that bunch of crisfeild rednecks are gonna be docking boats to try and see who can back a 40 foot workboat into a boat slip the fastest. i just got some new seats for my tunnel came out a rock climbing truck. like sitting in a cup, like the one in my hand. wife will take the hour drive. ill be there 54 minutes before her, right out my back yard. wasting gas in her car, how dare her. hahaha. she aint no fool. were the damned fools club.:rof:

Last edited:
whats up chek mates?

flying boats 24/7/365 takes some effort. especially if your in the air con business after a summer like this. but one things for sure, im managing to get as much as i can out of the maybe 1 or two hour boat flight once a week, as i can, just as im going to get as much out of this body im in, as i can. you only live once... everyone has their special gift, and thats all they know. mine aint a computer nor how to navigate this website, nor is the man builds my boat motors, as thats all he knows. but you can best believe im representing checkmates, and love this site. ive only had this opportunity to reply because einsteins had the opportunity to call me by my nickname this week, and im Less, boatless that is. this week im going fix my air condition:cheers:

Hey

New to this. Just bought a 1979 Enchanter W/ 200 merc. Runs 68mph on gps in fresh water. Thought it would run a bit faster. Live in N.Fl. Lake Santa Fe. Melrose. Hey to all glad to be a Checkmate owner.

New to this. Just bought a 1979 Enchanter W/ 200 merc. Runs 68mph on gps in fresh water. Thought it would run a bit faster. Live in N.Fl. Lake Santa Fe. Melrose. Hey to all glad to be a Checkmate owner.

Thats pretty good for the older/ heavier Enchanters! Gives me encouragement for when I get mine in the wather this year! Do you have any setback/ jacking? What prop are you running? basically whats your set-up- I would be very interested so I can try to duplicate that! How 'bout some pix too!

Back