• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Swim Platforms

franklyoujest

I came in the front door of the Forum today and noticed the swim platforms on the boat of the month very nice boat mines the same colors shape is nearly the same too. They would look great on my boat 1983 exciter w/350 I/O. The kids and wife have been complaining about boarding the boat and I gotta say I’ve banged up my knees as well. So I said I would look into it. My question is where can I find them or were they home made?

My little red corvette
Samantha%20HS%20Grad%20195.jpg

Boat of the Month
April10.jpg

Boy now that I posted the two boats together the BOM sits a little flatter then mines does in the water maybe I could stuff my wife upfront to level the boat out some.:D

Man, I love that Exciter of yours.... you gotta get more pics of it this year for us.

I guess I'd look into eddie marine swim steps for that boat- they look ok, but I don't think they'd be any easier than a ladder- actually probably harder. http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=11676&c=31

Maybe a teak platform on each side of the drive if you can't find glass ones that would work? Somthing with a ladder of some sorts.

Thanks for the quick post, link and complement.
My first thought also was to use teak to build a platform
but think about it adding more weight to the aft is just
going to make it even harder for her plane.
Your right you definitely need a ladder to lift yourself
out of the water on this boat.
Well then I thought maybe alter the ladder I have into
a small platform making use of what I have to save some cash.
The glass platforms are nice also many colors to choose from.
I noticed on the BOM that he also uses a grab bar that would
be helpful.

Plymouth, MI. Wheres about you do your boating,Nothing beats a 3 step ladder after a long ski session.Nice Form anyway!:rof:
Welcome to the board! merc 245,Brownstown/Wyandotte areas

Looking at that pic of your exciter... does the ladder fold up like mine did? I think that most of these boats had the fold up version, but if I remember right jusincase's boat has a different one? Maybe yours is the same type he has?

It extended well below the bottom of the boat when unfolded- just had to keep your fingers out of the hinge area while climbing aboard... worked great for us.

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 41
Those platforms were stock on the Starflight. I have mine off right now if you want to find someone to make a plug.

Thats the same ladder. Scared the heck out of me the first couple of time driving down the lake and that thing flipping up. The ladder works but i thought i could do better but I think I'm going to leave the way it is. I guess I'm just a little antsy to start putzing on the boat thats all part of the fun:D.

Merc this is the start of our third season boating. We've been trying out any lakes that sound good from talking to friends and neighbors even thought of going to the straights of Saginaw those couple of weekend all the Checks were there. So far the best place we’ve taken the little Exciter out was Lake Erie it was a calm day and the water was glass that was some full throttle fun. I ran into VOODOOCHILD from this board at the Crossdyke in Lake Erie that day. What a great guy. He just happen to have a 79 Exciter that he rescued, it ran like a champ. Merc I can stop a Check from a half mile I’ll keep my eye out for ya, were bond to run into one another soon or later.

Back