• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Checkmate paint design?

I like it :bigthumb: kind of reminds me of the classic Carlson but better.

Attachments

• carlson.jpg
    carlson.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
are they planning on flattening the side of the hull? The right colors I'm sure it would look good. You should get a bare hull and do your magic to it.... flake/marble/awesomeness!

i like, obviously not the colors though! i too see some glasstron, some 80s baja too.

i think its sharp! good clean lines.

what color combo you thinkin? let Coop do some combo samples!

I like it to....it's a take off of the old 210 220 sports baja's...which I had a 87 210 with that layout in metalflake...

Looks great, Could be awesome with the right colors and some metalflake to make it a real mate.

I would avoid the cheesy pink and greens from the old bajas :brickwall:

Dean at Checkmate is gonna mask out the design on a 21 to see how it looks over the bulged out section. I'm gonna order a 21 Longdeck, probably in yellow, black, and silver flake. It will be a total custom boat with 300xs! It will also have a white gelcoat fiberglass pan in the cockpit, Like the 24 BRX.

I like that idea... would make cleanup a breze with the snap in carpet. I wonder if it will weigh the same or less with a liner?? Colors sound good to me.

Not sure what to think with the bulged out sides still... be a wait and see kinda thing. After 16 yrs of the classic stripes on the molded sides it will be hard to see it change without the sides changing also.

Sorry but I don't like it much. It reminds everyone of an "old" paint job on a boat way back when. I say out with the old in with the new. It reminds me of an old Formula paint job. I say go back to the art table and look at what some others are doing today and move ahead. Who wants a new boat that has retro graphics? (not me)

Back