• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

78 Trimate-III Resto....

Trey are you using the gallery on the forum or adding pictures the home computer then using the attachment to post pictures? I think the forum adjusts the pictures automatically, maybe Chris or JW will chime in on this.

Now i want to know if this is cheating! ;)

benifits of having a 14000 sqft building to do this in.... which has a coverted apt out of the old offices, aka my home:bigthumb:

No it is not cheating, cause I do the same thing. That is how I roll my hull over with just 2 people. You can see part of the roll in my photo album.
I just applied teflon sheet to the wood beam so the straps slide easily during the roll.

I figured it out, i used the thumbnails instead of the actual pics....
it woulodnt resize the large pics the first go round but it seems to be working right now...

update for the day!!! sanding grrrrr all these scratches in the bottom, this thing his a sand bar hard, poorly repaired major stuff and minor scrathes left all for me!!! but good thing is that I am done fixin them and now final sanding for primer!!!!! of course i have to reinspect after primer to make sure i got the all the scrathes done, but im pretty sure I do!!!I hope to shoot first coat primer tonight!!!

Now that I an done with my labor of love, I want to watch someone else
do it. Misery love company :lol::lol::lol::lol: LOL

It sounds like you have things under control. :banana: Yes, I am waiting for pictures too! :poke:

OK Ok I get it more pics.....lol

so here is some of the sand bar rash I found, with someones crappy attempt to fix it.... atleast it is water tight just not pretty....

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 41
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 37
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 36
:irked:and more rash.... looks like they tried to jump a rock bar!!!:confused:

Attachments

• photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 12
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 11
Ok now that you guys have seen what ive been fixing the last couple of days, not to the more fun stuff...Paint!!!! here all sanded and primed:bigthumb:

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 40
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 33
I should have clarified first coat of primer on the last post...

now hull is 3 coats of prime and 1 coat of color, sides only one coat of primer...reasoning is hurrying to get it back on trailer....tying up forklift...which became a problem earlier, dad decided to take it and run around the shop and kick up dust....grrrrr fortunatly it was just primer, let it dry sand trash out and keep on moving!!!

plan to sand and shoot final coat of primer on top and sides around 7, then second coat of color on hull..... in morning sand sides and start shooting color!!!!:D

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 30
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 30
I should have clarified first coat of primer on the last post...

now hull is 3 coats of prime and 1 coat of color, sides only one coat of primer...reasoning is hurrying to get it back on trailer....tying up forklift...which became a problem earlier, dad decided to take it and run around the shop and kick up dust....grrrrr fortunatly it was just primer, let it dry sand trash out and keep on moving!!!

plan to sand and shoot final coat of primer on top and sides around 7, then second coat of color on hull..... in morning sand sides and start shooting color!!!!:D

Now your talking. PROGRESS

Dear ole dad strikes again. How are you ever going to teach him manners? :poke:

Dam, I forgot, I am one to and almost the same age. I better keep my mouth shut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work. Your making us proud.

Very impressive craftsmanship! :poke: :shakehead: LOL

Yeah I guess to look at the positive they did attempt to fix it,ive seen alot of people just leave stuff like that and what disaster, they actually sealed it up but what a crappy "finish", It literally looked like it was drops of water off the hull, but made out of resin, I will say that was some tuff resin too, Thank god for air tools, a nice body sander took it right down and I was able to get it back straight, had to use some epox with filler in some places to get the height up, but most of it was atleast 1/4 or so to high, so just sand down, reshape, smooth out.....

Back