• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

150 hp on a Predictor ?

raceinsnow

I have a 89 Predictor with a 89 115 merc inline 4 cly. and I have a chance to trade my motor for a 89 merc 150 2.5 xr6. Is anyone running this motor on this boat ? Is this motor to heavy for this boat ?

Its not too heavy for that boat, would be fine. When you do the swap add a 6 inch jackplate.

I did a buch of research on engine weight, 115 - 150 are within 50 lbs, (execpt 4 strokes) average 100 lbs more. Slap it on there. This includes competior o/b's too. so 25 up or down shouldn't make or break ya.

Do it! It'll be a blast! I have a 2.4 200 on mine...

Add a 6" jack plate i recommend the CMC-PL65 and add dual cable no feedback steering (this is a must for safety and handling)

Thank you for the advice.How fast do you think the 150 with a 6"jackplate will go?I was going to order the hydraulic steering.Is the duel cable no feedback steering better?

others that have that setup will chime in im sure, but I think 83predictor had that same setup and was pushin a bit over 70 i think, I would guess you could hit mid 60s without too much fussin

Thank you for the advice.How fast do you think the 150 with a 6"jackplate will go?I was going to order the hydraulic steering.Is the duel cable no feedback steering better?

Hydraulic is better, I had dual cable no feedback steering the failed on me one time and it wasn't pretty.

You must have a sled with a name like raceinsnow?

Yes I do! I have a 08 Polaris four stroke turbo dragon with a couple of things done to it.

Cool, I had a 08' Dragon Switchback 700 and a 05' 600 Switchback, unfortunately we decided to sell them last winter because the kids were too small to ride, I might get a cheap sled this year just to have something to cruise around on, I've always had a Polaris of some kind around, my wife also grew up riding Polaris. got to love em'.
Here's a pic of our Christmas card from 08' and another one of the both of them.

Attachments

• home 2007 307.jpg
    home 2007 307.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 12
  • home 2007 246.jpg
    home 2007 246.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 10
what is the snow like up in Saskatoon?

this is my old Summit 800HO

n829052940_1016051_1429.jpg

what is the snow like up in Saskatoon?

this is my old Summit 800HO

n829052940_1016051_1429.jpg

We usually get good snow, you have to go north or west to find the kind of snow in your pic:drool:
Most of the riding I do is in stubble fields or groomed trails on poker rally's,
we also ride on the lake alot.
Do you always have that kind of snow?
Talking about sleds is getting me thinking I need another one.
Sorry for the thread hi-jack, not my intention:cheers: maybe we should start a thread to post up a few pics and talk sleds, I love boating but the sticker on the back of my truck reads summer sucks.

im building a predictor and plan on doing a 6" jackplate, with a merc 150. that seems to be the common thing around here. im told 72-75 mph.

btw do the hydro steering your life is worth more than the $500 difference in the cable and hydrolic.

slamram99 has it right :)

when i get mine running, it'll be hydraulic steering, 6" jack plate, and 150 xr 2, 4, or 6 you'll have a sweet ride if you go that way.

Back