• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

HOW FAST IS YOUR CHECKMATE? EVERYONE!

MX-15 with mid 80's stock merc 115 22 laser II can run 55 with two people 18gal gas can push 60+ byself only tried couple times only have single cable steering dual not installed yet. almost put it over once.

jut got new 350$ worth of rub rail on her, now she is complete. I think she looks fast even on the trailer LOL New name also PANDORAS BOX on the back

jut got new 350$ worth of rub rail on her, now she is complete. I think she looks fast even on the trailer LOL New name also PANDORAS BOX on the back

I love it when they look fast on the trailer.....but mostly...I love it when they look fast sitt'n still in the water... back of the boat sitt'n real low....front stack'n up high.....ohh mannn ..... that's all me...!:banana:

yup that is sweet have pics on photo bucket under ChrisMx-15 have some new ones but not on computer yet. Some place on here is a vidieo of speedo of pushing 60 on the lake.

On another thought...........I just want to say thankyou to all that have checked(....oh ..excuse me...that deserves a capitol on this site....) Checked, (get it?) or posted something on this thread......It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to see a thread that I started a while ago get so much attention and contributions. I'm not much of anybody and know far less than a lot of senior members about the Checkmate Boats....but I do know one thing..... when I'm at the beach and there's a hundred other boats beached on the sand....some that values well into the 6 figures..... 100-300 grand.......for some reason I look at my Checkmate and think it's the best one. I hope other Checkmate owners have this 'Infactuation' about their boats. I think it's something you 'grow' with,...maybe not something that happens when you first buy a boat...Checkmate...but something that you ...LEARN to love. It may not be the newest....or certainly not the biggest, nor the most expensive and elaborant, but it's YOUR boat, And if you have THAT specific feeling....then YOU know what I'm talking about, and that's what matters. I think Checkmate makes that happen for the majority of it's owners... Other brands do it too... for some other people...But also some other brands totally DON'T do it for people....those are the people that just want to have a fast boat and be on the water. That's OK....but for us... we need something special.....something a little out of the ordinary. Something with Pride.
Thankyou CHECKMATE

first time on river last sunday and met up with guy in a convincor with built 502 big block. we chatted for awhile and when he fired it up i swore it would blow finances top off GOd that was sweet. AND NOW she wants bigger boat SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! Daddies going shopping!!!!!!!!!

That is VERY true my boat is far by the largest or the fastest. but i bought the boat for 300$ re did the interior and plopped on a merc 70hs and drove it for 2 yrs then had boat refinished in black emron with flip flop pearl in the clear coat. Paint cost me 1500 in materials THen i bought a 19' glastron with the 115 and new trailer for 1200$ swapped motors around and sold glastron with my old trailer for 1200$ Do the math i dont have 10's of thousands or hundreds of thousands in it. Actually less than most guys spend on motor work.

YES IT MAKES ME WET (lol little boat term) when i pull up to this guys convincor and he and his wife say how much they like my boat. My head is still swollen

Thank You Checkmate

I just bought a 89 Senator 20ft. stock 350ci. with 21p stainless..It runs over 65mph on speedo /Low 60s onGPS.. Any thoughts on Prop pitch???:surf::surf:

89 starfire 4.3 liter with 23 pitch prop at 4600 or 4700rpm i can get 50mph GPS out of it with 3 people in it and fuel tank of gas

90 maxxum 281 twin 200 mercs. fastest so far was 63mph solid 59mph on gps 24 pitch bravos . lookin for more

85 enchanter

powered with a 2.5 litre 200 super dave hand grenade with 24 chop, 10" rapid jack, will run a solid 71- 72 @ 7400 rpm. depending on conditions the more people in the back seat, faster i go. seen high 70s with right chop, but only for seconds. cant turn it over 6500rpm by myself.

Attachments

• smilemaker1 the beginning.jpg
    smilemaker1 the beginning.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 16
i need props & gearcases

can anyone tell me where to find props & gearcases. no wonder i blow 3 or 4 motors a year, screaming motors over 7k & loosing blades off props. i need a left hand 20" for my 2.4 200 on my tunnel. want 24& 26 choppers. got a 4 blade cleaver on my chek now, but dont have the control & speed as the 24 chop

Attachments

• 0916091810c.jpg
    0916091810c.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 12
No fancy schmancy parts (though, maybe a few in store for the winter:) Starflite 350 - all stock. 64.8 best GPS running a 24" Turbo at about 4800 rpms. Ran faster with a 23" Laser II I borrowed (est maybe 67), but I had no GPS along for the ride. Speedo looked cool stuffing 70+ though. Love my mate, not the fastest boat out there, but puts down most of the power play/quests, baja's and such in the similar class and style of boat. And looks way better (imo) and more unique doing it :)

Back