• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Livorsi Fuel Sending Unit

Blue Mist '97

I read a post awhile back regarding fuel guage readings and their accuracy. Some members were discussing, if I remember correctly (because I could not find the old post), some issues with fuel tank guages not reading accurately when the tank is fueled. Mine reads full and then doesn't move for a couple of weeks of cruising. Eventually it will start moving down. I never feel that I really have a good idea of how much fuel I have in the tank until it starts getting real low.

I received an email from Livorsi today stating that they are introducing a new electronic fuel sending unit that needs no calibration and seems to be fairly inexpensive. I am thinking about trying one out to see if my fuel guage would read more accurately. I have attached the Livorsi flyer below.

I don't think this sending unit has been on the market long enough for anyone to have tried one yet, but if anyone might be thinking of installing a new sending unit this might be the way a good way to go and I would like to get some opinions.

http://www.livorsi.com/pdf/sfw_senders.pdf

Thanks
BM '97

Hey BM
That type of sending unit has been out for a while, It may be a new product for Livorsi.

Moeller makes them also it's called a WEMA reed switch sending unit. They are more accurate than a swing arm style. I think the deal is the senders are at the rear of the tank in the Convincors. So the gas is forced to the rear of the tank while cruising or even just sitting there because the Convincors rear end sits lower in the water than the bow.
My swing arm float works pretty good but does the same thing yours does.
So even with a reed switch float it may lie too when the gas is favoring the back of the tank. The Livorsi switch looks just like the ss w wema and it may be. I sell them too $69.37 retail and discount for my fellow members
http://www.mkhammer.com/moeller-reed-switch-sending-units-p-16617.html[/url]

Merry Christmas,

MK

Attachments

• 49065.jpg
    49065.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 35
Hey MK

I guess that answers my question. I guess Livorsi is behind the curve on this one. I thought it might be a neat thing if it worked.

By the way, did you ever get your Convincor back together? I haven't seen or heard anything about it

By the way, stars are nice!!!!!!!!!!

Hey MK

I guess that answers my question. I guess Livorsi is behind the curve on this one. I thought it might be a neat thing if it worked.

By the way, did you ever get your Convincor back together? I haven't seen or heard anything about it

By the way, stars are nice!!!!!!!!!!

Pat

It's progressing I had other priorities come up. My boy was pretty sick most of the year. He had surgery in Nov. and it fixed the problem 100%. He's fine now and it is not a thing that can re-occure. So when I re-coop from the doctor bills I can finish my boat . Trust me it's killing me not to have it done yet.

Back