• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2800SXob resto

bravo 1

Hey everybody,
Just thought I would post up a couple pics of the little progress I have made in hte oast year on the old check. If you guys can remember back to September 20 2010 I took delivery of a 2800SX ob (the old budweiser sticker boat) I got off to a good start by gutting it but the project was slowed way down do to beeing so busy running my business but I have made a little head way none the less I have a few pics from last year when it first arrived and i gutted it and have a few pics of it now. Will update again as I make any progress so please bare with me on my journey. The first set of pics are from last years guttung

Attachments

• 2800sxob.jpg
    2800sxob.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 2800sxob2.jpg
    2800sxob2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2800sxob3.jpg
    2800sxob3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 215
couple more from last year

Attachments

• 2800sxob4.jpg
    2800sxob4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 2800sxob5.jpg
    2800sxob5.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 140
These next few pics are of where it is at of Sept 8,2011 I think all of the hard parts are done just have a few more holes to refill put tank in and glass floor, then we can prep for paint. The entire hull has been re gelcoated ice white, new stringers and transom as well as new floor threw out. I really am trying to have this thing painted by the end of the year but not making any promisses especially to my self. Will update this as I move forward.

Attachments

• boat resto pics 002.jpg
    boat resto pics 002.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 150
  • boat resto pics 003.jpg
    boat resto pics 003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 148
  • boat resto pics 004.jpg
    boat resto pics 004.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 155
few more

Attachments

• boat resto pics 007.jpg
    boat resto pics 007.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 122
  • boat resto pics 006.jpg
    boat resto pics 006.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 497
  • boat resto pics 005.jpg
    boat resto pics 005.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 120
3 more

Attachments

• boat resto pics 008.jpg
    boat resto pics 008.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 112
  • boat resto pics 009.jpg
    boat resto pics 009.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 125
  • boat resto pics 010.jpg
    boat resto pics 010.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 138
Wow Bravo, you did a lot of the hard dusty itchy work already! Did you find any rotten core? Are you replacing the splashwell? Any motors lined up?

Keep the pixs coming!

Here are the 2 color schemes that I have narrowed it down to. Let me know which you think looks better

Check Ya Later
Ben

Attachments

• boat paint renderings 001.jpg
    boat paint renderings 001.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 166
  • boat paint renderings 002.jpg
    boat paint renderings 002.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 162
Didnt find any bad core which really shocked me, seeing as how bad the floor, transom, and stringers were. For motors I was planning on the 350 verados but there price tag is just out of control after motors and rigging I was looking at around 52000 So I decided on the 300xs motors instead and now with Busch and simmon working on more HP for them they will be close to the 350's any ways with much less weight. as for the splash well, that is not going back in, the wife asked if I could put a sundeck there instead so thats the plan, plus it will give more more storage as well

awesome!!! thats gonna look better than the bud setup no matter what, but I'm partial to the OBX graphics.

1st one is sick....other then the blue, black and silver. fugly, who does that??

Ok one more question for all you, bow rails or no bow rails, which would you do, I like them just not the ones that are on it now. I am going to fill all the mounting holes in and see how it looks with out them and if I put any back on the boat they will be shorter than whats on it now, about the hieght of my pulsare bow rails is what I was thinking of.

Nice work! And negative on the rails. Maybe a center rail as it is something to hang on to up there bot no way on side rails.

Back