• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Upper Chesapeake Boater about to dive into 24 BRX

Philster

If all goes right, and I will make it go right somehow (well, unless I get completely gouged), I am looking to jump into a 24 BRX with Optimax 300xs.

My current barge is a '96 Scarab 26 with 502. My wife wants newer and with an open bow.

I am all over the East Coast, from the Cape May area and to the Chesapeake, but I am mostly an upper Chesapeake boater now.

Wanted to pop in and see if anyone has any advice. The biggest option so far appears to be the jackplate. Got other decisions, too.

Always lusted after the Checkmates. :drool:

Now, let's see what happens.

i roam in the same areas. Bob @ pbs yachtbrokers had or has a leftover maybe you have seen it. the 24 brx has alot of room should be alot of fun. good luck

Contact Randy aka Wildman,
he has rigging like no one else does! absolutely beautiful setups come from this guy!

the blue and blk 24 Randy has for sale is awesome looking . i prefer the cleaner look without the wakeboard tower. i would think that if your a serious wakeboarder you might want a differant boat all together. but i guess the tower could be a great starting point for a bimini top and a tuna tower and outriggers and a flying bridge . the possibilities are endless, LOL.

i roam in the same areas. Bob @ pbs yachtbrokers had or has a leftover maybe you have seen it. the 24 brx has alot of room should be alot of fun. good luck

I'm doing business with Bob. Local guy; right thing to do. Good vibes.

Got my Hull Id# already and just wrapping up the deal now!

Red and black with checkered detail pictured above is the scheme I am going with :drool:

300xs. :surf:

Back