• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My new enchanter!

YF, Hint of a rumour around here that RNGR has fast Sugar n Sand.If things become serious, a covert operation might become necessary. The big question in my mind, is if the east coast could endure a visit. Looks like you are in the same town as he. Wonderin if maybe when your back is feelin better, ya might be able ta sneak past his place and send a little info out this way. I wonder iffen he has a dog?

I will say that there is no dog in his household.......
I will also say the S-n-S was at my house for almost all the summer........(bottom right hand corner)
29743044155_large.jpg
But you have not heard none of this from me!! ;)

If this is some YF improved version of an SnS, I am probably already in trouble. I'm wondering if you have experienced any of its alleged performance capabilities? Around here, the Sugar n Sand crowd became really good at identifying the beat up old Mate from the stern view, this summer. Several of the sea doo boat crowd were also similiarly schooled. Some of those guys paid a lot for them boats and didn't like gettin beat by a 300 dollar, 16 year old vessel, runnin on about four cylinders. On a sad note, there is a puddle of gear oil under the rear end of the truck this morning, that cant be good.

Nice! Love the color. My 84 Exciter has those fiber rings around the gauges as well,what is that all about? This Exciter I found is pretty much the same situation, super solid, all stock and never messed with except my gel coat needs attention and a new rug. Nice find.

Attachments

• DSC_5304.jpg
    DSC_5304.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 17
I wonder iffen he has a dog?
Yes there are three dogs at home but only one that has that protect at all costs mentality.
I don't want to jack Brians thread here with what I have going on so I will answer the questions you have to the best of my ability with what I can disclose. Yes there is a Sugar sand in my posession, Yes Brian did some work for me over the summer. No it's not ready yet. Yes you should be scared if what is being attempted works out in the end. we will have to start our own thread and share some info then maybe we can find a middle groung for a matchup with some kind of compensation to assist fuel cost to the winner.

I don't like red normally. But for some reason, some of my favorite looking boats have red on them. This is the first thing I have ever bought that is red BTW! :D

I am with you on that YF. I usually lean towards blue,,,, but the color, flake, and finish on that looks FANTASTIC!!! I really like it.

ps. haven't forgotten about the "back" procedure, I'll keep you posted, it is looking good so far! Probably pm you. I won't be on line to much for a while so don't fret non!

Nice boat!

I find that red tends to choose me even though I don't choose it. My first car was red but I got it because it was a great deal and what 16 year old wouldn't want a clean V8 Camaro for a first car? My old Jeep Wrangler was red, low mileage, clean, and priced right. My Dodge diesel is red, truck was low mileage, 5 speed, and extended cab which was everything I wanted but it was red. Last but not least my Starliner is red. There have been at least two other red cars in my driveway over the years as well. Sometimes you don't choose red, it chooses you. :) On the up side, my son LOVES red so he was thrilled when I brought a red boat home and always is down for a ride in the "big, red truck". Once again, enjoy your new boat Brian! Any chance you'll get some seat time this season?

I was thinking about it last night..... I have had 2 fiero's that were red. My first car was a 84 red SE. Then about 6 years ago, I had a 28k mile 100% original 88 fiero GT t-top car. My memory is a bad thing around here :D
Nope, on monday I am having my 3rd surgery. They will be goin in through my front to try and fix where my back is broken. I'll be lucky to even swap trailers before then.

Back