• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Transom/Setback Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And He's at it again.

As always looking good Robbie.

Cant Imagine there is any dust around your house.

LOL!!! This why my wife want let me buy a new boat! She said I would take apart the new boat just to have something to work on. There's plenty of dust flying around plus it's windy today. My neighbors probably don't like the smell of resin in the air. Oh well somebody's gotta do it!!!

I got the transom sanded today, added filler to the gil bracket holes and few other places. I'll wait a couple of days before sanding the filler smooth. I also need to finish sanding inside the transom/bilge area and get it ready for gelcoat. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN2704.jpg
    DSCN2704.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN2705.jpg
    DSCN2705.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 28
I had some time to work on the boat today, sanded the filler putty smooth. I'll sand the transom down one more time before applying primer. Also got the holes measured and drilled for the setback bracket, done a dry run to make sure it lines up. I got a few more small items to finish up before painting the transom and bilge area. Here are some pictures from today.

Attachments

• DSCN2720.jpg
    DSCN2720.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN2722.jpg
    DSCN2722.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN2723.jpg
    DSCN2723.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 23
The bracket and jack plate bolted to the transom.

Attachments

• DSCN2708.jpg
    DSCN2708.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN2710.jpg
    DSCN2710.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN2716.jpg
    DSCN2716.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44
I got one coat of primer on the transom today, probably need a couple more coats before the red goes on. I'm still waiting on the supplies suppose to be here Monday. Here are some pictures from today.

Attachments

• DSCN2726.jpg
    DSCN2726.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2725.jpg
    DSCN2725.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN2724.jpg
    DSCN2724.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 25
I got the supplies in earlier this week, however haven't had time to work the boat. Hopefully this weekend coming I can at least finish inside the bilge area.

I rolled the first coat of white bilgekote inside the transom and down in the bilge area. Also got the first coat of red on the transom. I tried spraying with a HVLP gun for the first time, got some orange peel. I"ll sand that out once it's dry and try again. Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN2730.jpg
    DSCN2730.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN2733.jpg
    DSCN2733.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN2732.jpg
    DSCN2732.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 29
Some more pictures

Attachments

• DSCN2735.jpg
    DSCN2735.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN2736.jpg
    DSCN2736.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN2737.jpg
    DSCN2737.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 33
It makes it so much easier to see WTF is going on with the white. Its all black back there on mine and its like looking into a black hole. If/when I end up doing my transom its gonna be white when its done.

It makes it so much easier to see WTF is going on with the white. Its all black back there on mine and its like looking into a black hole. If/when I end up doing my transom its gonna be white when its done.

Yes it does!!! However it shows my amateur flaws.:eek:

Looks pretty good to me. I figure nobody is gonna go under there but you and if it helps you see then its doing what its supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back