• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmates NEW 40 footer

OK RED, what exactly did I say that was wrong? That Cmate was building this boat for someome who had the money to do so? Was it the statement that they could call it whatever they wanted to? Or maybe it was the statement about someone else was building one and Cmate does not even have the molds in there possesion now? And you want to talk about clowns? Everytime Cmate comes out with something different, you are the first to jump on here slinging crap and bashing Doug Smith. It seems you have the need to be at the center of attention. Looks to me that if you really like Checkmates as much as you claimed at one time, you would shut up and BUY one. They are real nice boat.

Boatman just give it up, so you got turned into the "goat" with the cover story bit it happens take your licks and move on

just saying.....

Yeah, I agree... my favorite quote so far: "they have alot of drama over there"

from boatfreaks.org

sometimes it just happens, like texting, when you put it in writing it doesnt always come out as you meant it too.

I cant wait to hear how this boat runs, whats the specs on the motors that are going in?? 700s right? what has apache run in this hull and how did it run?

Boatman just give it up, so you got turned into the "goat" with the cover story bit it happens take your licks and move on

Just hang on to your hats! This story may get even better. Maybe Cmate needs to tighten up on security and watch who is sneaking in the back door taking pic's.:thumb:

One morning a month or longer ago, I saw a big white unfinished boat being towed toward Yankee Springs, near Gun lake Michigan. I had no Idea what kind it was. I bet it was the "Big Checkmate" heading to Mitcher T's shop for paint. Guys, this thing was HUGE!

sometimes it just happens, like texting, when you put it in writing it doesnt always come out as you meant it too.

I cant wait to hear how this boat runs, whats the specs on the motors that are going in?? 700s right? what has apache run in this hull and how did it run?

Chief ran 950 chiefs I believe it was close to 100 mph w those motors this is definitely not a super fast hull although it sounds like cm intended to lighten it up which should help Could be the best of both worlds

I read the original engines were 1100 peak BHP with blowers.

New rig to be lighter, with better drives and probably better all around engines (peak horsepower is very misleading).

Saw it in person and it is amazing! I didn't get any pics as it was all covered with plastic and blankets. I did pull them back just a little and checked it out tho ;) The posted pics that are already up are better than I could have taken myself. To say Mitcher T did a great job with the paint work, would be an understatement. It is nothing short of perfect!! :drool:

OTH, i did get to rub on those sexy 700's that will make their way into the engine compartment (BTW, that was getting coated). I was hoping Mike would turn his head as 1 would look bad azz in the rear of a flaked out enchanter :banana:

The 2....... yes 2~ 158 gallon fuel tanks sitting on the shipping pallets made my wallet cringe!! :eyecrazy:

Rigging is being done in house at checkmate. Anyone who thinks that checkmate can not rig or that this is above their heads should go buy another brand of boat. :thumb: And yes its more to it than just bolting in the motors and drives!

And you want to talk about clowns? Everytime Cmate comes out with something different, you are the first to jump on here slinging crap and bashing Doug Smith. It seems you have the need to be at the center of attention. Looks to me that if you really like Checkmates as much as you claimed at one time, you would shut up and BUY one. They are real nice boat.

You are correct I like Checkmates not a Baja with a Checkmate sticker on it. Not a fan at all of any recreated beckmates just my 02. I like the 2400 and the twin OB DS did. Talking about a clown you make me laugh. The best one was where you bashed wildman in that jackplate thread then kissed his rear then bought a boat from him. But the all time best laugh was when you wanted a 2400 and settled on 2000. Used it for a month then tried to sell it because your wife said it rode to rough'

I guess at the end of the day we all have a little clown in us. :yell:

You are correct I like Checkmates not a Baja with a Checkmate sticker on it. Not a fan at all of any recreated beckmates just my 02. I like the 2400 and the twin OB DS did. Talking about a clown you make me laugh. The best one was where you bashed wildman in that jackplate thread then kissed his rear then bought a boat from him. But the all time best laugh was when you wanted a 2400 and settled on 2000. Used it for a month then tried to sell it because your wife said it rode to rough'

I guess at the end of the day we all have a little clown in us. :yell:

this thread was started for the purpose of the new 43 foot checkmate:poke: if you want to talk outboards please start your own thread:lol::lol:

got ya beeotch:banana:

Well guys this seems to have gotten more than a couple guys taking there licks. Nobody's fault but mine I guess, the boys at the factory were just going along with the story we had all decided was best until the timing was right. Unfortunately that made a couple guys on here and other forums to be the whipping post for somewhat misleading information. Apologize for that going on, but was the only way to keep it in the dark for just a little longer.......but as they say the cat is now "out of the bag". With that being said lets all just get along and be more than happy that our favorite brand is thriving and has new boats coming to production when other brands are not as lucky during this time.

Rigging is being done in house at checkmate. Anyone who thinks that checkmate can not rig or that this is above their heads should go buy another brand of boat. :thumb: And yes its more to it than just bolting in the motors and drives!

Leave it beaver to try and start chit,
They out sourced the paint because it was beyond what there used to.
So asking about the rigging is just a natural question its something there not used to.

Maybe its time for ONTHEHAMMER to start a new thread with just the facts and congrats!

Leave it beaver to try and start chit,
This coming from the resident troll :lol:

They out sourced the paint because it was beyond what there used to.
So asking about the rigging is just a natural question its something there not used to.
The paint was outsourced because checkmate does not do paint, only gel. They have a paint guy they use but OTH (correct me if wrong) is connected with Mitcher T so they used him. The graphics in gel would be no where near the detail and 20X the work that the paint was. As for rigging, their rigging has vastly improved over the 70's and 80's models. Like everything else once someone does a show stopper, the bar is raised. If a company does not improve over time, they will be left in the dark and out of work. I think in the 60 years of checkmate building boats, I am pretty sure they can do the top notch rigging that will be expected in this ride:thumb: (I can bold and even underline also Keith!)

hey brian were they using belly tanks or saddle tanks, and for the record i was questioning cm's rigging abilities only because the level of rigging and quality of parts in my hustler vs my mate was not even close but so far this project has blown any preconceived notions i might have had away and i look foward to the progress

Back