• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Two

So here we go again!!! I got all of the Interlux paint and primer sanded off the boat yesterday. Today with Brians (YF) help we got the boat taped up, blown down, wipe off. Then let YF worked his magic with the spray gun!!! YF primed the boat and added a guide coat for sanding. For you guys following we used dupont products this time. The first few pictures are of us horsing around, you gotta have red hand prints on the a$$!!! Then actual pictures of the boat.:D

Attachments

• DSCN2884.jpg
    DSCN2884.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2885.jpg
    DSCN2885.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN2886.jpg
    DSCN2886.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 56
more pictures

Attachments

• DSCN2893.jpg
    DSCN2893.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN2892.jpg
    DSCN2892.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN2891.jpg
    DSCN2891.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
pictures

Attachments

• DSCN2894.jpg
    DSCN2894.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2895.jpg
    DSCN2895.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2896.jpg
    DSCN2896.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 41
few more

Attachments

• DSCN2903.jpg
    DSCN2903.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN2902.jpg
    DSCN2902.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2901.jpg
    DSCN2901.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 38
the last few

Attachments

• DSCN2911.jpg
    DSCN2911.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2912.jpg
    DSCN2912.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN2913.jpg
    DSCN2913.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42
Started the tedious task of sanding the guide coat today, man my arms are tired!!:p Once that's done I got some pin holes to fill then another coat of primer. After that another round of sanding then start taping for the color.:bounce: A big thanks to Brian for helping me get started in the right direction!!!!:thumb:

So here we go again!!! I got all of the Interlux paint and primer sanded off the boat yesterday. Today with Brians (YF) help we got the boat taped up, blown down, wipe off. Then let YF worked his magic with the spray gun!!! YF primed the boat and added a guide coat for sanding. For you guys following we used dupont products this time. The first few pictures are of us horsing around, you gotta have red hand prints on the a$$!!! Then actual pictures of the boat.:D

so, your using auto paint?...do you think this will hold up especially on the bottom?..im thinking if im going to paint mine, nows the time to flip it, since its just a empty shell right now :sssh:....I dont want to do this twice...already have too much into it....so auto paint would be doable for me...

so, your using auto paint?...do you think this will hold up especially on the bottom?..im thinking if im going to paint mine, nows the time to flip it, since its just a empty shell right now :sssh:....I dont want to do this twice...already have too much into it....so auto paint would be doable for me...

I'm using dupont automotive paint products on the side and top. The paint will hold up on the bottom as long as you don't leave in the water all the time. The bottom you can spray the Interlux vc epoxy which is what Brian used for his green boat. My understanding is as long as you trailer the boat automotive paint is fine.

ballardnboyz, when you think about it, a boat is no different than a vette. As long as it does not stay in the water, you can use automotive paint. The issue lies in the fact paints are breathable. When it is under water for extended periods, water will be absorbed. This creates small "pimples" filled with water. Noce that starts happening, you will have a mess. The other side is it might take 5-10 years before that happens unless its in the water 24-7.

ballardnboyz, when you think about it, a boat is no different than a vette. As long as it does not stay in the water, you can use automotive paint. The issue lies in the fact paints are breathable. When it is under water for extended periods, water will be absorbed. This creates small "pimples" filled with water. Noce that starts happening, you will have a mess. The other side is it might take 5-10 years before that happens unless its in the water 24-7.

well my girl is trailered at all times...other than when were rippin around...so no worries there...How about the Interlux vc epoxy paint, would that hold better in the water?...I really only want to do the bottom once, right now i can flip it and go....and if i use the interlux for the bottom and auto for the top, will i be able to match the colors?....how much do you charge to spray a prepped boat? :sssh:

well my girl is trailered at all times...other than when were rippin around...so no worries there...How about the Interlux vc epoxy paint, would that hold better in the water?...I really only want to do the bottom once, right now i can flip it and go....and if i use the interlux for the bottom and auto for the top, will i be able to match the colors?....how much do you charge to spray a prepped boat? :sssh:

If you're gonna leave the boat in the water for a few days then yes the Interlux VC epoxy will be the better choice. http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...=2330&familyName=Interlux+VC+Underwater+Epoxy. However your choice of colors are white, white and white, so you can match the sides and top!!!:D

I got the second/final coat of primer sprayed today and have started sanding with 600 grit. Hopefully tomorrow I can have most/all of the boat sanded down. Then I can start taping the boat off for color. I'm getting close to having color once again.:D :banana::bounce:My arms are still tired!!!!:shakehead: I didn't take any pictures, however if you need to see I'll snap some tomorrow.:thumb:

I finished sanding the boat with 600 grit today. I've got a few places that needs some sanding by hand. Then it's time for color!!!!:banana:Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN2918.jpg
    DSCN2918.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN2917.jpg
    DSCN2917.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN2916.jpg
    DSCN2916.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 48
a few more.

Attachments

• DSCN2919.jpg
    DSCN2919.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN2920.jpg
    DSCN2920.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN2921.jpg
    DSCN2921.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 18
I got all the checkmate decals from estriper last Monday, great guy easy to deal with!!! The boat will finally get color this weekend, had a few other spots to repair first. Also got the windsheild frames painted black they were faded. I'll post pictures as the color goes on.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back